can oxycottin damage your heart the 1st time trying it?

Stupid, stupid co-worker. Oxycontin is given to cancer patients or patients with intractable pain (i.e. nothing else will work).

Agreed. That was a REALLY dumb thing for him to do. Please, in the future, don't take any prescription drugs your doctor has not prescribed for you specifically. If your back hurts, take some Motrin. If it's that bad, go to your doctor and get muscle relaxers or something. When I was in a car accident last year, I could barely turn my head for over six weeks, I had such a bad whiplash and my neck hurt like hell. Every once in awhile, I took a Vicodin (prescribed by my doctor), but other than that, I took Ibuprofen, and I was fine. Unless your back was so painful that you couldn't walk or move, something like Oxycontin is WAY too strong.

If I'm not mistaken, Oxycontin is often referred to as "Hillbilly Heroin" -- it has tremendous narcotic effects, along the same lines as heroin.

You could kill yourself cutting Oxycontin in 1/2. It's a controlled release system and it should never be cut in 1/2, chewed or crushed. When you cut it, chew it or crush it, you put yourself in major danger of putting yourself into respiratory arrest (i.e. you could stop breathing).

welli been having heavybreathing during the day, i dont know if that could lead to respiratory arrest, im just hoping it would go away

IMO, I think your experiencing anxiety from taking the pill. I agree, this is not a good drug to mess with.. have you seen the show Intervention? Oxy pop's up on there ALOT.

If you have back problems, you may benefit from a chiropractor visit. Or motrin. I had a very painful ovarian cyst this last year. And I took Vicodin as needed. However, it didn't help much at ALL... but i was way to afraid of even trying something stronger cause of the addiction risks.

I would never take anything I didn't know what the side effects would be, doesn't seem like a good idea.

IMO, I think your experiencing anxiety from taking the pill. I agree, this is not a good drug to mess with.. have you seen the show Intervention? Oxy pop's up on there ALOT.

If you have back problems, you may benefit from a chiropractor visit. Or motrin. I had a very painful ovarian cyst this last year. And I took Vicodin as needed. However, it didn't help much at ALL... but i was way to afraid of even trying something stronger cause of the addiction risks.

I would never take anything I didn't know what the side effects would be, doesn't seem like a good idea.

yeah i dont know how people enjoy taking this drug ( the ones that suffer from nothing)

Archived