im worrying to much

im sick and tired of just everything, im at uni and everythings just gettin on top of me, im going through really heavy moodswings and i have no one to talk to.the course im doing is really competitive and ive been missing days(which is not usual) and thats making me feel like im a failure.i cant sleep properly, it takes me 3hours to get to sleep most nites and im scared im gonna fail my course which is a part of my biggest dream.

really i need my dad he was my mentor, but he past away a year ago,and im feeling really lost, and ive got to many responsibilites to break down, but i feel i will soon, help!

any words of wisdom?

Hello Latavia,

I am sorry to hear of your stress with regard to your studies and also the passing of your dad. My heart goes to you!

Studying is not an easy task, even if you are a top student. I myself is a top student and do have time where I am feeling down with regard to my studies.

My advice would simply not to stress over your problem too much. Spend some time in solving your problem. Firstly, have a talk to your teacher (or tutor or lecturer) about the difficulties you are experiencing and see whether he could advise you of getting help with your work.

Your teacher might kindly spend an hour or two in helping you over some problems you have. Otherwise, he/she might point you to someone for extra help outside your course.

Hope this help. Stay in there with your dream and NEVER let it go!

Good luck and my fingers are crossed for you XXX

Cheers,

Special One.

Well... funny that, i'm in a near same situation... kinda exiting it... as life picks up pace again...

I'll stick a coupla thoughts into your head that may help you understand why you're feelin the way you are, some maybe helpful... some may not... some is prolly more helpful for me to get out... all the same.. should be noteworthy...

Heavy Moodswings... There are always underlying problems to why ppl have moodswings... generally comes under their environment, and that itself could be caused by the personality of the individual...

a.) If yer in summer holidays (like us Australian Uni Students Are ATM...) then generally there's a 'lull' period when the exhilaration of holdays is over, the fun of Christmas and Nu Yrs is over; and eventually life stagnates to work, seeing my few worthy friends when there's time/goin out(i'm the more reserved bloke)... and general non 'productive'/'life enriching' stuff... and believe it or not... that becomes boring after a while... this boredom can lead to (as it did for me) swings between complete emptiness/lonliness and just idle laziness, or sometimes just happiness that life's just cruising...

alrite, i'm gettin a lil off topic after rereading yer post... i spose to apply it to your case it's that everything's just becoming a routine and you're wondering wotzit all for... neways i'll get to the basics...

Dedicating life to study alone is hard, and one must devote his/her time to other parts of life... You'll generally find that you must strive to maintain all things you consider important to you and if one of those factors are dragged down, the whole life stability is threatened and thereforeeee you start performing less well all round... Do you feel alone? hell even tho i'm slightly antisocial... i'd be feelin alone if there's no one i can really talk to (hah and guess how i feel atm)... and that maybe upsetting your equilibrium...

I'd say GET OUT THERE AND MAKE SOME FRIENDS ... but it's not ez to find truly good people... so usually you'd rely on a mentor like your father, someone you can trust to talk to... and from the sounds of it that would be difficult...

(Insertion: It is highly possible that you are still tryin to come to terms of his passing)

now i'm not sure what to recommend here except to really meet new people (as that's the problem i myself have not been able to resolve) ... genuine people who make ya feel good... if you start feelin good, you'll find you perform better in all disciplines in life...

Oh yeah, and general problems that occupy your mind... or intense stress will influence your sleep... and of course, without sleep you can't be 100%.. especially in studies... i'd say stress less... take a nightcap and think of faraway places... that's how i've managed it so far... but i've found this is only a temporary solution, until you find the underlying problem... and be warned this solution may make you psychologically dependant on booze to snooze

Well, worrying about studies, there's not a single soul who worries about their studies (even those who know they're gonna sink!)... missing classes is not too bad... i'd follow Special1's advice and consult your tutors/professors/lecturers... they've helped me on most parts if i missed something or need clarification...

It seems that this could either be the problem (worry about study) or a symptom of a core problem (which i'm puttin my money on lack of people to trust)... yet because you believe that study is of great importance, you may have found yourself floundering even more... a vicious cycle/circle...

All these issues are related, yet only one may plague you... you must IDENTIFY WHAT THE ISSUE IS... AND RESOLVE IT... it's like finding out where the hole in your boat is and sealing it, it becomes seaworthy again (after clearing up the remaining seawater) and you can face the world

Hope that was helpful... if only it could be understood sorry this post is so messed up and long... it's the current mindstate i'm in