is it wrong to delete people off your list if you feel they ain't putting any effort?

Aaron20b

Ok anyway, there were a few times where I have had people on my aim/yahoo/msn and they don't really put that much effort. for example

I'd say hey whats up? and she would say "nothing" then i would ask her how her day was and she would day "fine" then I would ask her if anything is new and still just a 1 word answer "no"

usually when it comes to 1 word answers I delete them and they never tried to talk to me since...

now my question is....is it wrong to delete these people off? could it be that there busy or at a bad time in there life? should I have kept trying or was it right of me to back off???

I've been in this situation a few times namely when someone thought it a good idea to add me and then found little to talk about past the initial novelty of conversation. A while after I would delete them. I sometimes do block people I hold dear but who are monopolising my online time to such a degree that it becomes annoying. This is more in the case of someone who will start a conversation with you as soon as you log on about inconsequential garbage. I don't want to delete them entirely but they need to be told and I usually do that they are crossing the boundary a little with their chatting, I have other things to do whilst online etc. What got me a little upset lately was when a friend deleted me from her Myspace as a friend when I hadn't logged on for a fair while. I also had a Livejournal account which I deleted and then when starting a new one, I added this friend again but she did not accept - don't know what was up with that one - I didn't do anything to offend her I guess I just didn't look sexy enough on her friends list anymore! Go figure!

i think that gives them a good amount of openers but i'm with MS. i hate it when people i barely talk to starts the convo off with "whats up" or anything generic and go no where with it... so i just give one word answer.

maybe you guys just don't click? why do you feel the need to delete them? it's not like msn has a limit lol. their contact might be handy someday.

Archived