Light-headed

alli

I've had this for a long time but it seems like it's getting worse. Just about every time I stand up from a sitting position I feel really lightheaded. Or if I stand after laying down I feel dizzy & like I might pass out.

I know it's pretty common, hence when someone says "whoa, I stood up too fast". But this happens to me nearly every time I stand up. Sometimes even if I'm already standing & bend down to pick something up off the ground. Why?? Anyone else have this problem?

You probably have low blood pressure/blood sugar. I have the same problem. When you bend down to pick something up, it slightly decreases your blood flow to your brain, which causes the "light-headed" sensation when you stand up.

Get your BP checked. Mine is normally about 110/65 (normal 120/80). It's not life-threatening, but you should be careful.

Try carrying around small pieces of chocolate (or any sugar source), and eat one a day. I carry hershey's kisses in my purse, just in case I start feeling light-headed, I pop one in my mouth =)

Make sure to get yourself checked first, just so you can rest assured that it's not anything serious.

I'm a vegetarian which is often associated with anemia. I've been tested for it in the past but never had it. My BP is normally around 110/70. I probably don't eat or drink as much as I should so that could very easily be the reason.

I'm a vegetarian which is often associated with anemia. I've been tested for it in the past but never had it. My BP is normally around 110/70. I probably don't eat or drink as much as I should so that could very easily be the reason.

Do you take your suppliments for amino acids and iron though? Its one thing to not eat meat, but you have to make sure you are making up for those B12 vitamins.

This can also be caused by iron deficiency anemia. It's worth getting checked out (request a ferritin test, not a normal blood test). I was at risk of dying from this, so I know of what I speak (at least the risk).

it would show up on a normal test, i think. that's how they found out i had it. i also had it to the stage where my tongue swelled and i passed out.

if she had iron defiency, her symptoms would go away with the iron pills.. but it isn't.

lightheadedness is associated with low blood PRESSURE. a million things can cause that (anything from something as simple as dehydration to something severe like heart disease...) Low BP isn't defined by a NUMBER. it's all relative to that person.

Archived