People Tell Me It's Rape. I Don't Know What To Think.

Mabbzie

If you have the support of your friend and feel like you should go forward then do so. This guy's threats are solely for intimidation and if there is no physical risk of harm then the worst thing that can happen is that it comes up in court and they have to take your word against his. Your best friend's older brother would likely support your claim right?

Your efforts to give this guy a lesson are not in vain. You would hate to know that this happened to another girl, or many other girls right? We need to reeducate men in this society/world and if the lesson has to be hard then so be it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hearing is at the end of the month. Apparently his claim is that he "thought it was consensual", although I never told him yes or no. I have heard he already has his four witnesses... and I hope that they aren't simply his friends from the fraternity's party I went to. (he isn't a part of a fraternity)

If so they may try to say I was "dressed like I wanted it" (I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans...) or "I was all over him," (which I distinctly remember I was not).

He has already filed a police report on my friend that attacked him.

Well, I'll keep updated if I find out more information. I've decided that next semester I'm going to transfer to a college closer to home. Being here is just a constant reminder of what happened and I can't sleep properly anymore because of it.

If you read any of my past posts then you would see that that is not the case. It also disappoints me to see that you interpret my attempts at giving an honest and objective opinion as "abrasive".

----------------

Now playing: link removed

via link removed

as freely as your opinion comes, so freely do the objectifications of others.

il disagree with your previous posts and say it was his intention to take advantage of her, through the loops of alchol, mate...

OP: i feel for you buddy. i know almost of people in this situation. it disturbes me to see so many people telling them its justified (including my dad).

• 3 weeks later...

It was in student court. he's not suspended or expelled, but on probation (that won't show up on his transcript) and banned from any dormitories, campus apartments, stores, and cafeterias. (I'm not sure how well he'll respect this banning though)

I've pushed everything aside in order to deal with this hearing, and today, the day after everything was settled, I took a nap and had the most horrible nightmare I've every had in my life and practically woke up screaming. I think my mind is trying to tell me something... so I promised I'll see a counselor tomorrow.

However, I'm so happy I now have a chance to deal with this and don't have the guilt of "I should've gone forward..." hanging over my head.

=] Thank you everyone for your kind words

• 1 year later...
But that's the point. She neither said yes or no and he could of have interpreted whatever she did in her drunken state as a go ahead.

And this is why America has the largest prison population in the world. When things that started out as misunderstandings and nobody gets hurt are blown out of proportion and a stupid but nevertheless innocent man ends up going to jail because someone else wasn't able to give a clear "no".

it is far more often that guilty rapists go free than not guilty ones get sent to prison, since it's so hard to prove. and also as was previously mentioned, it is a fact that a go ahead in a drunken state can legally be construed as rape, especially if the perpetrator knew what they were doing and the victim didn't. mere fact.

Archived