How long after NC did it take for you to get over someone you knew longer than a year?

Caterina

How long does it take for you to get over someone. I had someone who didn't want a relationship with me probably b/c I wouldn't sleep with him. We were friends for a long time. I think that he had feelings for me, just not enough. I've cut off the friendship and my friend told me he's probably completely over me by now. Some part of me wants to think that he really, really regrets it.

Guys: how long does it take for you to get over a woman after NC?

I'm not sure if it was only b/c of sex or other things. Thats something I'll never know. I didn't sleep with him for a lot of reasons. The first one being my faith, the others being that I want to sleep with someone who loves me. To me, sex should be an expression of love, nothing else. He didn't want a relationship. He had one relationship four years ago and since then I think he's had a series of hookups.

He began to tell me that he'd like to have sex with me the last year of our friendship, which lasted three years, talking each day for at the least an hour.

Was he calling and saying, "Hey, friendo, it's so great talking to you and we have such a great connection that the exchange of bodily fluids is the next logical step to make." If so, he's a douche that I think we can both agree is better left forgotten. That includes ill-will, well-wishes and whatever else. Just my opinion.

There are many men in the world who think that if a girl doesn't put out after a certain point then they aren't worth the bother. Personally, I'd like to know what I'm getting into with re: to sex before I marry a girl but that's basically my only stipulation.

Archived