Quotes

becca55

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

- Albert Einstein

(Probably makes more sense if you know about his work)

"Life is but a brief moment. The years go by quickly and old age arrives suddenly before we have an inkling. People desire so many things and waste their days in vain. Some yearn for gold, others for power, yet others for glory and a higher station. But when death's moment nears and they look back at their lives they've lived, they realise they've been happy only during those moments when they've loved." Borje Vahamaki

"Life is but a brief moment. The years go by quickly and old age arrives suddenly before we have an inkling. People desire so many things and waste their days in vain. Some yearn for gold, others for power, yet others for glory and a higher station. But when death's moment nears and they look back at their lives they've lived, they realise they've been happy only during those moments when they've loved." Borje Vahamaki

I like this Coldplay - thanks for sharing it.

I love this one by Emerson:

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

The difference between love and loving, is the difference between fish and fishing.

It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them

Action is the antidote to despair

Optimism is a mania for maintaining that all is well, when things are going badly

Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out alive.

“Any change, any loss, does not make us victims. Others can shake you,

surprise you, disappoint you, but they can't prevent you from acting,

from taking the situation you're presented with and moving on. No matter

where you are in life, no matter what your situation, you can always do

something. You always have a choice and the choice can be power.”

It got me out of a hole and off my ass

• 1 month later...

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act.

- Barbara Hall

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

- Robert Frost

they say things are darkest before the dawn, but the entire story is not told. as the bright red star we call the sun sends it's first sliver of light above the horizon, to illuminate the colors of the day,the blue sky ablazed with red and orange, the green trees and grass, the colors of the rainbow in the flowers, and the light to see the one you love.that is the story that must be told. it is the darkness that steals away the things we hold dearest, it is the light that gives them back. so while things may be darkest before the dawn, hold on, the light is on the way, and the ones we love will be there in the light, and what the darkness took from you will be revealed, and you life will be whole again. endure the darkness for what the light brings is greater than anything you will ever know. embrace the light and the the sun, it is what brings us life. embrace the day and the time you have in the light, for life is short and we cannot let the darkness steal away what we need most, and that is love.

• 3 months later...

Archived