is this normal?

I think my b/f masturbates in his sleep, is this normal or even OK?

See sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I feel him moving like people move when they do that. Then if I turn over or even move he suddenly stops and you can hear his underwear smack against his skin and he'll turn over to where I wouldn't be able to feel if he was pleasuring himself. He keeps his legs shut.

If he is mastubating why is he making it so bluntly OBVIOUS? It also makes me wonder who he is dreaming about in order to make him do the nasty...

I ask him in the mornings if he was and he tells me no. So if he is should I be worried....

please help! thanks

Ashleynichole

Men are a very strange breed when it comes to sex. Guys will do anything for you know what. And the you know what has taken down countries over this. Masterbation is very normal, most men do it in private. I'm sure he thinks your just fast asleep. Sounds like your a very light sleeper. I'm sure he is doing it thinking about you. I would suggest however making sure your man is satisified before you go to sleep, and see if it stops. He of course would deny it in the morning, he is embarrassed. I would not worry. If it continues and it bothers you, ask him to be a little more considerate of you sleeping and go into the bathroom and close the door. Remember you are holding all the cards when it comes to sex.

Warm Regards

Kuhl

Hi ashleynicole.

You bring "up" an interesting point. Your b/f may choose not to "beat off" while with you, but doing so is far from "silly" or dirty. Masturbating and being in a loving relationship are not mutually exclusive, and many partners in relationships use masturbation as a healthy release of sexual energy -- just as they did when they were single. Your boyfriend's masturbation is not a shameful betrayal of you, nor is it reserved for just him. Instead, perhaps thinking of masturbation as sex, just as other activities, like intercourse, are thought of, will make it seem more like the normal pursuit that it is. If his masturbation is replacing sex with you without mutual consent, or if his "obsession" with it leaves you dissatisfied, then it presents unhealthy circumstances worth discussing. Maybe you could talk him into mutual masturabtion. Masturbation can come in handy when the two of you are not together or one of you is not in the mood for sex. But, if he prefers pleasuring himself more often than you pleasuring him then you need to have a talk with him.

If he IS masterbating, no worries

If he is NOT masterbating, no worries

He probably is NOT masterbating. I say this because I always have my hand on my crotch when I sleep. I just like to hold Mr. Williams down there. It's warm and I like to say hi now and then.

Anyway, even if he is masterbating, I don't see it as a big deal, but if he WAS, you could notice because to jerk your friend requires enough motion where you would feel the rocking in bed... definitely.

• 2 months later...
I think my b/f masturbates in his sleep, is this normal or even OK?
He is not sleeping. He could be recreating the special moment you shared earlier or in need of further fulfilment. If you really want to give him something he'll never forget tell him to sleep nude & then in the middle of the night take him gently in your mouth & lick, kiss & suck him until he has a wet dream & awakes to find his beloved as the one responsible for that special moment.