One of them's spying on me

I'm in NC with the Ex since July of 2007 when I sent out my last email telling her she's no longer a friend or anyone of importance to me. I laid out all the facts and told her she should be ashamed of herself for what she did to me. To make the long story short, I was involved in a love-triangle. My Ex and I were together as bf/gf for 3.5 years and prior to that we were best friends for 4 years. So over 7 years of knowing each other. Turns out she was cheating on me with another guy who I also knew and giving him false hopes. In the end, before I found about this cheating... she breaks up with him as a "friend" and with me. Turns out she left me for another guy(not the "friend")... who was in her class. They both graduated from that class that summer. I suffered for 2 months until I confronted the "friend" and asked him straight up if my Ex was cheating on me with him. I had a suspicion after the break up.. but he confirmed it for me. As soon as I heard the truth, I walked away from the "friend" rather than beat his ass. Several weeks later I wrote that email to the ex and never wrote back to her or had a reply from her. Luckily, I didn't even get to see her since June of 2007.

Now, I'm on a site similar to that of Facebook. This site allows you to view profiles and shows you who's been checking your profile out. I've had several people check out my profile by mistake. However, one person's profile has been checking out my profile for the past month under a user name rather than a real name. I was curious, since I know that this person knows me some how if they've been checking my profile out for a while. So I viewed the profile's friend list. The profile had around 54 people on the friend's list... but I recognized 3 people. Those 3 people were classmates of my ex and the guy she left me for. Because of this... I'm fairly sure its one of them.

Luckily I have a privacy setting which does not allow people who are not on my buddy list to view pictures(other than profile pic), phone #, what I write or others write to me,etc.) What they see if a picture, name and city/place.

However, knowing that one of them or both are checking out my profile annoys the hell out of me. That * * * * * put me through the worst heartache and pain I've ever been through. I'm done with her and I'm in a loving relationship with a new gf who's respecting me as much as I respect and love her. I feel like writing to that profile saying I know who you are, quit checking my profile out and * * * * off.. but I know thats not the right thing to do. I should ignore them... and this is the reason why I'm posting my rant here.... which makes me feel better. All that I would ever like from that * * * * * is an honest apology for her cheating and lying to me. Knowing how she is, she'd never do that. I'm lucky I'm not with her... but she messed me up to the point where its very tough to ever trust another woman 100% other than your own mother.

Sorry this happened to you. And it's great you have your profile set to private that way they cannot see you. I personally would send a message and say something like "do I know you? if not stay the f*** away from my profile, unless you want to request me as a friend, at which point i will determine if you are worthy." But that is me, a little outspoken at times when I am ticked!

But for you, you are probably doing the right thing. Keep it up and Rant here all you want.

Why worry about them checking your profile...you have moved on with your life...in fact, you should feel flattered and bemused rather than annoyed. Clearly they are curious and maybe even have guilt feelings...your image and what they did to you is haunting them. If they didn't give a crap they wouldn't bother looking. I would let it go, laugh it off as them being pathetic and continue enjoying life with your new girlfriend.

I guess thats how I should proceed...and continue doing what I'm doing. NC and enjoying the company who care for me and love me. I am against wishing people ill... but if there's one person I know that should get whats worse.. it should be her. I hope she has a miserable relationship with the guy she left me for. Apparently, from 3rd party sources.. this guy who I never met wants to "kick my ass" for some reason. Hope both of these idiots cheat on one another and suffer emotional pain

Archived