need an opinion on something....

robert7x

Do you think it's worth staying in a relationship with a girl that is planning on moving to another country within 2-3 years? I'm 26 and i'm just thinking... is it worth me going through this and actually wasting time on a relationship that will end... And the reason i'm saying it will end is because there is no way i'm going to move to the country she wants to go to...

What do you guys/girls think?

Hey Robert!!! I haven't run accross you in awhile! I don't know if you remember, but we were both going through the whole heartbreak thing around the same time.

Anyway, what are your feelings for this person right now? I think if you are madly in love with her, it might be worth trying to work things out...maybe she'd stay here. But if it's in the early stages and you're not feeling that strongly about her, maybe better to move on.

Even if she ends up moving away, who knows, what might/could happen in two or three years, i.e. she may end up not moving way, to love and care for someone shouldn't be a "waste of time", IMO. I just think that even if relationships don't translate into life long commitment, they are precious for that time being, am I off in thinking this way?

of course i remember you I haven't posted anything here in a while but was reading around and checking out some threads. How are you doing? Everything ok?

To tell you the truth, i'm not sure what i'm feeling for her... I'm not madly in love... i mean i like her and all, but that's about it... i think. It is early stages... we've been dating for about a month or so now... She told me that yesterday that she would like to move to europe... and this is a touchy subject for me since all my past relationships the girl would move back to Europe or some * * * * .

I told her that there is no way i'd go back there... I'm staying in the US... maybe not the city i'm in now.. but definetelly US. I mean it's not like she'll go there next month or something... it will be 3+ years from now... but why waste my time on it if she'll leave... That's my problem.

Thanks.

Hey Robert!!! I haven't run accross you in awhile! I don't know if you remember, but we were both going through the whole heartbreak thing around the same time.

Anyway, what are your feelings for this person right now? I think if you are madly in love with her, it might be worth trying to work things out...maybe she'd stay here. But if it's in the early stages and you're not feeling that strongly about her, maybe better to move on.

Even if she ends up moving away, who knows, what might/could happen in two or three years, i.e. she may end up not moving way, to love and care for someone shouldn't be a "waste of time", IMO. I just think that even if relationships don't translate into life long commitment, they are precious for that time being, am I off in thinking this way?

I understand what you're saying... but i just feel like time is slipping away for me... i'm 26 and only getting older... i feel like i should be on this path where there is future with a girl i'm in love etc... I don't know...

but why waste my time on it if she'll leave... .

If you can just spend time with her, date her, and maybe not get to serious then sure continue to do so.

I wouldn't get attached to someone that will not be available to spend a future together.

She's definitely moving, you're definitely not open to moving.

Why bother?

Archived