My dog won't sleep in my bed anymore

hers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Have you tried sleeping with the covers over your head when I do this my dog goes nuts until I pop my head out then she stays next to me until I get up if she thinks there is something wrong then maybe she will be more prone to sleep beside you just to make sure you are o.k. Hope it helps.

I think it's the dog's hips. Maybe the dog doesn't feel comfortable jumping up so high because the dog knows that their hips aren't as strong as they used to be and getting down would hurt just as much.

Maybe your dog fell off your bed when you weren't there and is now afraid of climbing on top of it.

You know what, this is a really good point because this is why my dog stopped sleeping in my bed. He slept in my bed every single night, but as he got older he stopped. I nailed it down to the fact that he started to get arthritis and jumping up/ getting down off the bed was quite painful on his joints. Now he is thirteen and can barely jump onto a couch. He hasn't slept on my bed for years I know it's quite likely that this isn't the case with your dog but I just thought I'd mention it!

I know how you feel though... I miss the company of my little furry friend in my bed with me!

I think it was just the warm weather. She slept in my bed all through winter and I still wake up in teh middle of the night now with her in bed. It's getting warmer now and I can tell being in bed isn't as fun to her anymore, as she sleeps on the couch or her bed on the floor. So yeah, just the weather I'm sure!

I think it was just the warm weather. She slept in my bed all through winter and I still wake up in teh middle of the night now with her in bed. It's getting warmer now and I can tell being in bed isn't as fun to her anymore, as she sleeps on the couch or her bed on the floor. So yeah, just the weather I'm sure!

Aw! That's good. At least in the colder months you get get snuggly with her again

Archived