This is my first time on here hope anyone can help me. Here's my situation.

I was with my ex girlfriend for 5 years, in the summer we split up not because we didn't love each other anymore or because one of us had an affair-just had a big argument that was to big to repair we didn't see each other for 6 months there was no contact whatsoever which was really hard to deal with but I came through it.

Anyway at xmas we met up through unavoidable circumstances it felt so natural and normal to be around her again was almost like we'd seen each other only yesterday since then we've seen each other about 3 times a week which as been really nice, during that time she's called me by my pet name held me many times kissed me just the once and we slept togther (not sex) but she held me all night.

I've asked her why she has behaved like this? and she's said it's just a habit and l'm thinking..what after 6 months of not seeing each other!! I asked her what was going on and if there was any chance of us getting back together and she said she didn't know but since that conversation she hasn't talked about us at all and yet at the same time we are acting like a couple without the sex.

I'm so lost as to what to do apart from me just wants to tell her l can't do this anymore and l must leave her in the past and never contact her again but when she was out of my life for 6 months l missed her so very much l don't know if l could handle losing her agian.

Any advice would be good does she still want me is she playing games or is she scared of what she might feel again?

Okay here's what's going on.

It's simple. You guys had a relationship for 5 years right? I'm guessing you're somewhere between 20 and 30. Which means that for about 25-18% of your life time you've been a couple and for the majority of your adult life.

It is instinctual to act the way she's acting. It doesn't mean she wants to get together it just means she enjoys your company and the comfort level she has with you. What's important is whether or not you can move on while this is going on or not. If you have no problem looking for someone else while cuddling with your ex all the power to you. Just make sure she knows you're not dating and check to see if she's moving on herself. Just move on.

I hope this helps.