I need guidance please... pleasee :(

soul_soother

First I'd like to say sorry if this seems rambly but, I'll give a short summary

I am currently turning 19, just finished high school and I signed on for the navy signed my contract, but I didn't graduate when I was suppose to so my contract was canceled and they are expecting me to come back in this october, with no complications. I signed as a Navy Corpsmen FMF (Fleet Marine Force) carry a gun / combat medic, with the future of becoming a surgeon and getting in combat in War.

Well the problem is, my dad is kind of abusive towards my mother mentally and physically. The navy doesn't exist here in Alaska and so I can't stay here, for the next 2 years to make sure things are okay or to the point where if something happens I can help her. So I wanted to join the guard, but they are all desk jobs and you can't get GI bill or bonus' or schooling unless you sign 6 years...

So the delima is the guard has no careers that I'm interested in, because I don't want to stay here in AK for 6 years to do Pre-med while doing a stupid career field I'm not interested in like Bioenvironmental Engineerings or Police / Weldings, when I'm trying to become a Doctor. So what do I do, leave my girlfriend for 2 years (till she can leave) and leave my mother in a hard time to do what I want? I need a lot of help or suggestions please

I'm really confused and could really use some advice.

I know it's hard leaving your mother in a situation like that, but honestly she's an adult. She can take care of herself. As for your girlfriend, I guess the only thing you two can do is wait. Do you really need to join the navy? I guess you have to ask yourself how important this is to you. Is joining more important to you than being with your girlfriend?

I would never join the army just because of the reputation and the Airforce is just too much desk work. Also joining the Army or Airforce your not guaranteed to be stationed somewhere.

I don't know about the Airforce but the last time I talked to an army recruiter they guaranteed me where I would be stationed. And what's wrong with the army's reputation?

Archived