Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

my dream

afrodave

I had a dream last night. It started with me holding Jr. I was holding him, promising him that I would never leave him, that’d we’d always be together and happy no matter what. As I was talking to him I realized that Nikki wasn’t there, it was during our separation. I then flashed to me coming home from work the next day and nobody was in the apartment. I drove to Nikki’s parent’s house and the house was for sale and vacant. Flash forward 50 years, I’m 70, successful, not married and still have pictures of Jr. up at my house. Somehow I ran into Jr. He’s 50 and we are so happy to see each other. While catching up he pulls out a list he carries around of all his birthday wishes. He tells me that Nikki moved him to Australia and told him that I didn’t want anything to do with him, but he didn’t believe it. He has a list of birthday experience that he wanted to share with me, his dad. I decide that we should take 18 days, one for each year on the list and do what’s on the list. After 18 days of fun we end up at the mall. We are getting ice cream in the middle of the mall. As I’m ordering he tells me that he has this disease. It’s incurable and that the doctors told him that he only has a few weeks to live. Just then as tears roll down our faces he grabs my shoulder, and starts to lose his balance. He slowly falls to the ground, and as I hold him, he tells me he loves me for the first time. As I hold him my son dies in my arms…

Archived