How do you stop thinking about your ex?

you have to stay busy...find something that distracts your attention, and holds it for long periods of time.

spend time with friends and family...go to a bookstore (with the added bonus of you never know who you might meet there!), go to a movie, whatever it takes to keep your mind occupied.

Ive been up prety much all night thinking about how much I miss her. I realize now that I have to stop thinking about her. Any tips?

You stop thinking about them over time.

I couldn't do anything I normally did for like a year, got new hobbies...started reading.

Maybe you'd find therapy useful?

you have to stay busy...find something that distracts your attention, and holds it for long periods of time.

spend time with friends and family...go to a bookstore (with the added bonus of you never know who you might meet there!), go to a movie, whatever it takes to keep your mind occupied.

Very true! But, only time will change it.

Time time time man it's the only thing, day by day will turn into weeks into months you will still remember them but not like you used to, it's sad they will just be a distant memory a stranger, it's happens to us all but for now toy need to keep yourself busy if she pops into your head think about your plans for the future, what your doing tommrow etc. I know it's hard but i'tll take time!.

I agree that it's a function of time. It gets easier, as hard as that sounds.

I used to have trouble sleeping, too ... and then when I did fall asleep, I would wake up to such heartache. Well, I still wake up feeling heartache and some level of conflict, but at least I don't have trouble falling asleep anymore.

I know in time, this too shall pass. But for now, you and I gotta just focus on putting one foot in front of the other. And as long as there are other peeps posting on these boards, we can take comfort knowing that we're in this together.

Same boat. Wish I could just disappear off the face of the earth...

I think back to the first few days when I could not get off of the sofa, crying and shocked and only got up to feed my animals, not even me. So sick over it I couldn;t do anything but cry ... frozen in time.

Now, about 2 1/2 months later, I have gained some sanity. I still think of him every waking hour and dream of him at night about coming back and "fixing" it. But I know in my heart, it is not "fixable" and I pray for a single daythat I don't well up.

My setbacks were the few contacts we had while going through this. It puts me back to the start again and refreshes the pain. I know now I need to be NC to help slow the pain. It has been 2 weeks since we spoke on the phone. I pushed him further away (I suppose on purpose), by telling him I was involved with another. I can't handle any more contact right now ... or I will look for that hole again.

I still feel crappy, but less crappy that when this first begin. So there is truth in time thing. Hard to accept he is gone forever ... but we need to work on that. Distraction helps.

Archived