Silly Long Distance Crush...

I have a ridiculous crush on someone that I talk to everyday (but never see!!)

Basically its an IT support centre that I have to call numerous times a day from work, and just speaking to this delightful man specimen makes me go weak at the knees! Its now driving me nuts because I cant get him out of my bloody head....lol!

Worse still is that he lives on the complete opposite pole of the United Kingdom to me....ie.....Scotland -----> Devon, so the chances of ever bumping into him are completely nil!

Jeeez I am 27....thought I was way past all this silly mushiness..

I'm new by the way so hi everyone! This looked like a good place to get some advice...

Basically its an IT support centre that I have to call numerous times a day from work, and just speaking to this delightful man specimen makes me go weak at the knees! Its now driving me nuts because I cant get him out of my bloody head....lol!

Worse still is that he lives on the complete opposite pole of the United Kingdom to me....ie.....Scotland -----> Devon, so the chances of ever bumping into him are completely nil!

I'm new by the way so hi everyone! This looked like a good place to get some advice...

Im in the same boat! Im have the biggest crush on someone who lives 10 hours away from me. She is soooo darn awesome

Hey!

Does it matte that its a non-face-2-face crush? what makes it silly? you know in actual fact when we talk to someone over a phone or through a computer screen, it is as though they are sitting right in front of us, closer than anyone in real life that we spoke to would be. Further more you get the illusion of having their full and undivided attention.

I wouldn't want to see you set yourself up to get hurt, but you sound aware of that. Why not just ride with it for now? If he makes you feel happy and good about yourself and you look forward to talking to him, just enjoy yourself. I've had 'crushes' on online friends before, perhaps some of the magic or appeal is that you know you can never meet them, even if you feel that you sorta want to... If they make you happy and you enjoy talking to them and spending time with them, whos to say its not real? Whos to say feelings were ever supposed to be rational anyways.?

Too true girl friend! Although I will happily add that I would love to meet him...lol! Why do feelings always take the complicated route....

richmonder80.....awww I feel your pain......have you ever met her?

She is a friend of a friend of mine. This past Friday night was the first time we met. We clicked instantly, there was that instant spark. After coming back from a party, we went midnight swimming...had so much fun. Came back to our friend's place and talked the entire night up until 6am, next morning. We talked about everything, on the couch next to each other she fell asleep in my arms. We woke up around 8 am because she had to leave I wanted to kiss her so bad but resisted...I don't quite know why but didn't want to ruin the moment, I suppose. I miss her like crazy even though I've only know her for a day!!! I don't even believe in soul mates but she feels like she is mine (I know, I sound crazy)

I hope you'll take a chance and ask him out...who knows...it maybe your soul mate.

He may possibly feel something too When I get some of his colleagues instead of him they say things like..."J" is going to be really jealous cause I am talking to you"....lol! Kind of makes it a bit harder though.....makes you think, could there be something there? But the distance brings me back to earth with a jolt!](*,)

He may possibly feel something too When I get some of his colleagues instead of him they say things like..."J" is going to be really jealous cause I am talking to you"....lol! Kind of makes it a bit harder though.....makes you think, could there be something there? But the distance brings me back to earth with a jolt!](*,)

Yes, the distance brings me back to earth with a jolt as well!!! So frustrating that you find someone you are head over hills for and something has to get in the way, right? am I right...or AM I RIGHT!

girl friend writes,

"Hey!

Does it matte that its a non-face-2-face crush? what makes it silly? you know in actual fact when we talk to someone over a phone or through a computer screen, it is as though they are sitting right in front of us, closer than anyone in real life that we spoke to would be. Further more you get the illusion of having their full and undivided attention."

And

"If they make you happy and you enjoy talking to them and spending time with them, whos to say its not real? Whos to say feelings were ever supposed to be rational anyways.?"

I do not think that I could agree with her more. Never seeing them face to face does leave alot to be desired at times though. There is a non-verbal form of communication that you cannot have on-line. There are some things that can get miscontrued and taken the wrong way when the interaction is not immediate. Phone conversations are better for this reason but some do not trust someone faceless person with their number.

If the relationship goes no further, it least there is a relationship and a connection with someone special.

• 1 year later...

I am so desperately in love!!

Sometimes we email and when I get one from him, I am so ridiculously happy!! I meet all kinds of guys but I've never met anyone who even begins to compare to him....

I feel like If I keep saying hi every few months he'll eventually get worn down, and he'll become my bff, and eventually fall in love with me over the internet. He had strong feeling for me once, but wouldn't let himself get close because of the distance.

I can't imagine ever feeling this way about anyone again.

Does anyone know any way to make someone fall in love with you in a letter?

I know I sound like a nutcase and maybe I am, but I just don't care, he's so wonderful I feel like I would do anything to be with him. He's amazing and when I'm around him I want to be as amazing as he is.

• 2 years later...
Im in the same boat! Im have the biggest crush on someone who lives 10 hours away from me. She is soooo darn awesome

Im in a simmilar boat except mine is sinking. My crush lives 1,000 miles 18hrs by car and 2 days by car. I had to move. Ive been thinking of her every day for 1 yr 9 months 9days. They say a picture is worth a thousand words but a picture of her is worth 1,000,000 words

Archived