Best gift in the world.

darkpumpkin

Question and opinions very much wanted.

Last night my boyfriend told me (he's away for the last week) that he's going to buy me a present when he comes back. The best present in the world, something I've really wanted. But I can't ask about it again, can't bring it up or ask for hints. According to him it's better then a truck, not a teddy bear or flowers. He's already bought me a diamond promise ring, diamond bracelet and necklace and I don't wear earrings.

The night before we had a bit of a marriage talk, I asked if he still felt the same way about me (he declared earlier that he wanted to marry me) and he said being out of town this time around he's never been more sure.

Now I am a regular girl and ofcourse when he said this whole surprise thing my mind went there. But I would rather not get all excited when it could be something totally different (and I wouldn't be disappointed if it wasn't an engagment ring). So any idea's on what it could be?

No I don't. In fact it would make the problems worse, I think that's why I'm asking what else it could be. Yes I would love to be married period. As to him we are still figuring things out, feeling each other out and dealing with big issues. That is why I would like opinions on what other things it could be.

All he's stating is that to "him" it is the best gift in the world. YOu two really don't know one another, so he's going to give you things he thinks are great by his standards, definitions and priorities - not so much yours.

It could be an engagement ring....but you're stating if itis, you'd refuse it becuase you're not sure youw ant to marry him.

Since you can't really speculate accurately on what it might be - you're better off preparing the speech on having to say "no, I don't want to marry you right now, we don't know one another well enough, let's live together for 2-3 years and see where it goes"....and preparing yourself mentally and emotionally for you having to give that speech.

That way - if it's not an engagement ring and it probably isn't - you won't be wondering what to say - or being forced by surprise into saying osmething you don't mean - like "yes'.

If you've rehearsed your role - ou will play the role....ifyou haven't - you have to wing it.

And it's more likely that is something he believes would "improve you" in his view, so hat you'd fit more the profile of "ideal girlfriend" - and from that as a definition whatever it is - you can see more about him through the gift as an item, and his defniition of it as "better than anything else"...and go forward in the relationship.

How good is he with gifts? Maybe he found something that really fits with a hobby of yours or a really nice piece of jewellry. Maybe he got a tattoo with your name on it. Maye he`s buying you a Playstation 3.

I think he wants to drive you nuts a little

it's probably a picachu pencil sharpener. those are nifty. everybody needs one.

Hopefully it is!

Pumpkin.... I don't understand why you two are having talks about marriage period with the little you know each other. Moving in together so quickly - that was taking a leap. Getting married to someone you don't know and are starting to see that your lifestyles are different.... Extreme. Don't do this.

well it wasn't a pencial sharpener but what a niffty gift that would be. It was a big thing of flowers delievered on the day of our 9 months. Very happy over the flowers and that it wasn't anything bigger.

I'mThatGirl: even if it was a propsal I wouldn't say yes. Marriage to me is forever and I want to be sure (even if its not forever, I still want to be damn sure).

well it wasn't a pencial sharpener but what a niffty gift that would be. It was a big thing of flowers delievered on the day of our 9 months. Very happy over the flowers and that it wasn't anything bigger.

I'mThatGirl: even if it was a propsal I wouldn't say yes. Marriage to me is forever and I want to be sure (even if its not forever, I still want to be damn sure).

Awesome!!!!! How sweet of him to send you flowers! And I'm glad that you are giving this some time before jumping too quickly!

Archived