Ex's parents wont accept me

Well anyway to keep things short I dated my ex for for years and we had a few rough arguments but the problem is that whenever she would be upset about an argument we had she would talk to her dad about it and now whenever we want to hang out and go for a walk or catch a flick her dad goes ape shi t on her about seeing me. He sais that Im no good for her and we arent even dating anymore. He always makes her cry and it makes me feel really bad for her but at the same time I know Im not a bad guy and everyone argues sometimes...people have disagreements thats life but I wish she talked to a friend about it rather than with her father because hes talking this way too seriously. My exs sister invited me to her daughters Christening and her father doesnt even want me there even though its not up to him. I feel like Im doing something bad even though Im not. How can my Ex make him realize we have so much fun together even though we are not dating? We make eachother happy.

Pretty much...her parents never accepted me because I wasnt the same nationality which is stupid IMO. Second is because they think I dont treat her well since her father heard us arguing on the phone a few times. It just made everything so difficult and she always had to lie to them when we went out. I dont think its fair that shes an adult and they treat her like a little baby.

I dont understand what this has to do with us hanging out as friends...we are both on good terms...anyway I just wanted advice on whether I should talk to her father or just stay away...any ideas

stay away. your friendship is with her. that should be all that matters.

i'm saying her not dating you cause of her dad is phony. sounds that way to me anyways. she can be your friend even though her dad despises you, but can't date you? and she is 20? bro, i think she doesn't want to date you.

Archived