after a good first date, who should initiate contact?

newyorkpsps

well, I met a guy off line for the first time the past Sunday. There's no super chemistry, but I usually won't feel the chemistry until 2nd or 3rd official date. but he is nice, funny, respectable, and we've a lot in common. He seems interested too.

so I told him I'll buy him lunch next time, and he even suggested a place. then he asked me to contact him when I'm not busy. I'm expecting him to at least email me a brief note that he enjoyed my company Sunday, but I didn't received anything from him yet. Should I initiate contact with him? I'd like to see him again and find out whether there's more chemistry but I'm also fine not seeing him again.

so I guess if he won't contact me, I'll pass... right thing to do?

ps. I've asked for his number but he didn't know mine because i blocked my caller ID when I called him.

thanks.

I don't think guys are the best at emailing thank yous.

I think if you like him, you should call him and set up plans for the lunch date, plain and simple.

Dating has turned so complicated...try to just keep it simple!

Good luck to you!

~Allie

And the thing that is so annoying is that IT DOESN"T HAVE TO BE COMPLICATED

If you like someone and want to see them again, just call and set up another date instead of all that PHONE GAME crap

he asked you to call him when you have time. you agreed. so it's your turn. also, if you want to continue with someone, why block your phone number?

thanks. i think I'll contact him again today. It's ok whoever make contact first, but i do wish the guys initiate things.(personal preference I guess).

and before I meet the person, I don't want to reveal my phone number, i've met clingy guys who wants to explode my cell phone after only one date... just be cautious. I'm very cautious person. anyway, thanks all for the good advices

thanks. i think I'll contact him again today. It's ok whoever make contact first, but i do wish the guys initiate things.(personal preference I guess).

and before I meet the person, I don't want to reveal my phone number, i've met clingy guys who wants to explode my cell phone after only one date... just be cautious. I'm very cautious person. anyway, thanks all for the good advices

next time you say 'okay, give me a call sometime.' then it's his turn.

thanks. ghost, do you know why this guy ask me to call him? not confident? not interested? or doesn't mean anything? thanks

maybe he's trying to gauge your interest. at the start it's push n pull. or maybe he's the type that likes to be chased. but keep it light. don't give him too much. keep him guessing.

Archived