It's trivial, but not to me... Please help.

happytobealive

Hey all,

I know this will seem trivial, but its bothering me so please give me any advice you have!

Right I went to school with this guy, I tranferred to another school, now we are in college. We have begun hanging out every so often since september, because we have a simliar group of friends.

I heard it through the grape vine that he was really interested in me. I basicaly made my feelings known. (I fancy him). We all went out as a group last week where I was getting LOTS of flity signs from him. Then he started talking about his ex, so by the end of the night we ended up on a friends couch cuddled up. Since then he has been txting me on and off, I got really frusterated with not knowing what was going on between us so I asked him out on a date. He said he would love to and appoligised for not asking me out ages ago. We texted about this for a while and basically he said he was pathetic at "this sort of thing" ie. dating.

Now comes the bad bit. That was monday its now thursday night! The dates on Tuesday and I havent heard a thing. He Isn't busy, and I'm preety sure he has credit. Why has he not txt me? Have I made a total of my self for asking him out when he clearly isnt interested? and how lond should I leave it until I make other plans for tuesday night? I have no work on wednsday and Im not wasing that nighgt on somone that wants to be else where....

What should I do?

Go ahead and set things up this time since you started it, do the communicating for him. When you show him an absolutely awesome time and end your date, tell him next time it's HIS turn. Leave it in his court for a follow up date. If he's still scared to call you for another date then you don't want to get involved with someone that insecure, do you?

Oh, and arrange it whenever you want to. Just don't wait until the day of.

No later than Sunday. Keep in mind that he said he's horrible about this, so you may have to do a lot of the work in the beginning until you can teach him how to reciprocate. It's up to you whether you feel he is worth the trouble of you helping him learn how to be good at dating, good at being a boyfriend, etc.

No later than Sunday. Keep in mind that he said he's horrible about this, so you may have to do a lot of the work in the beginning until you can teach him how to reciprocate. It's up to you whether you feel he is worth the trouble of you helping him learn how to be good at dating, good at being a boyfriend, etc.

This is actually really good too. Like wurth says, you just may have to teach him some skillz.

I know I just feel like ai knobe for being the only one to show how I feel. ARRGH. Just coz he is horrible is no excuse/.....

Archived