I want to be with him so bad, but he doesn't seem interested...

I just graduated high school last year, my sister is currently in Junior year. It all started when I went to the high school's first talent show in which my sister was part of. When I was sitting in the seats I happened to notice some of the kids sitting a little up further than me. I saw these two twin guys that I thought were really hot. But, I never really thought anything of it. I just thought they were really hot.

It turns out that my sister knows who they are and one of the twins (who is straight) came up to my sister and told her how good she did in the talent show and what not. I then came to find out what the twins names were, and that one of them was in fact gay. The only downside was that he was only a sophomore, though he does look MUCH older for his age.

Then, curiosity sparked and I was on a mission to meet this kid in some way, shape, or form. After finding out his name, I searched him on MySpace and added him, I really was unsure of doing so because I didn't want to seem creepy. As soon as he added me however, he commented on one of my pictures that included my sister and I. All he said was that my sister went to his school. And I responded and talked about the talent show. It was very small talk basically about the show.

I had talked to my best friend about this kid and she said just for the hell of it, comment one of his pictures and say he is hot, and see what happens. At least you tried kind of thing. So, I did. And he kind of brushed it off saying and responded to another comment I left him about my sister and the talent show and that she is on his bus and that we must live right near them.

I felt like crap because it seemed like I came off as this creepy guy who he doesn't even know, saying he is hot, and what not. So, I decided to message him privately explaining myself on how I found him and why. And he did reply very nicely and said that I was "kind of hot too" and we began to message back and forth. He seemed like a very nice guy and he then ended up giving me his number to text him sometime.

Of course, after a little while I texted him and we texted back and forth about a bunch of random things. Things were going very well, though I did find out that he was currently talking to someone else. I told him that I had no intentions of infringing on who he is talking to, but I would like to get to know him. We continued to text for a couple days and it turned out he was going to senior ball with his friend who is senior. My best friend who I mentioned asked me to ball and I was going too. I was so excited that I would be able to see him. One thing that caught me off guard though was that he has been in 8 relationships, and says he only does long-term relationships. If he's only 16-17 that's a lot, and they can't last that long. I think he might have been including girls that he had dated as well before he was openly gay.

I asked to see if he wanted to hangout later that week and he said yeah, but he kind of distanced himself and never got back to me for two days up until ball. Then the night before he started texting me, and even the day of ball he texted me. I liked this a lot, because all the other times I was always texting him and I felt like I was annoying him sometimes. He was very sexual the day of ball sending me pictures of himself dressed up asking if I was "getting sexy" and told me we should grind!

So, ball came around, and my best friend and I saw him sitting at a table right away, we kind of walked by but I was freaking out and couldn't talk to him yet. Then I felt bad and wanted to go with my best friend over there to talk to him but we just ended up dancing.

Then the most awkward yet amazing thing happened. I was dancing with a bunch of my friends that a girls and we were kind of in a line, with a little grinding going on like everyone else. Suddenly, I felt someone come up and start grinding behind me, I looked back and it was him! I couldn't believe it, I didn't know what to say other than "Hey, what's up..." and he's like "Hey, nothing..." It was so weird, but I liked it.

Then he randomly left and I didn't seem him on the dance floor for a while, so I got a little worried and kept asking my best friend if she saw him at all. Then we finally spotted him later, and he was more towards the outside of the floor with his friend. He worked his way back over eventually and when I was in the front of our so-called "grind-dance-line" thing, he came right in front of me and starting grinding me from the front. I was freaking out I didn't know what to do, I wasn't expecting it. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but he even began to take my hands and put them right near his crotch. I was like freaking out like no other. He was there for a while then he left again.

So, we finally took a break because it was so hot and I told him to come take a break with me but he didn't say anything and his friend gave me a nasty look. He came over, but then she like pulled him back and they left. I was like okay whatever then. Later, I really wanted to go and talk to him, he was sitting down with his friend again alone at the table, so I came up and sat right next to him and said hey what's going on, etc. But, all he said was "Hey..." and that was it! He wouldn't speak at all! And I kept getting a nasty look from his friend! I was pissed so I just got up and walked away, I was done with it if he wasn't going to talk to me.

I didn't see or talk to him the rest of the night because I was pissed off. Then all of a sudden I saw him and his group leave early. And he never texted me or anything saying what was going on or sorry or what. So, I texted him and was like "Uh, do you not like me or something?" and he was like "No, I do, but we had to leave early because my friend hurt herself and she would get pissed whenever I talked or danced with anyone but her." So, we kept texting back and forth and long story short, after ball my limo was going to the beach and it turned out so was he, and he said he would meet me there.

So, at this point I was fine again and excited. I did see him at the beach and he talked a bit more and was so cute! His smile is absolutely amazing. He talked but he was quiet, which made him even cuter. We had to leave like right after they got there, but it was so worth it. Then later we ditched the limo and my friends and I went to Wegmans and he asked where I was and I said Wegmans and he was like we were just there, but the other one (there are two where I live) and he said stay there were going to that one now. I was so excited!

I saw him again there and we talked a bit more, then after we left to go to my friends house for the night we kept texting for quite some time and he almost came to the house too but I didn't want to be rude to the girl that had everyone over since it was her house, so I told him I would be leaving soon.

This is very long so I'm going to speed it up.

After ball, we kept texting a bit, and I really pushed for us to hangout last week. Which, after a few failed attempts with him (which I thought I lost him), eventually we did hangout. He opened up a lot and we had very deep to very funny conversations about everyone and everything. I felt a good connection and I made myself clear that I am a long-term relationship guy, and he agreed to being the same way.

That was last Thursday, since then he hasn't really texted me as much. Actually it's all been me texting him, and half the time now I don't get a reply. This was going on all weekend to where he wouldn't really text me back, though Saturday night he texted me for a while and said he definitely wanted to hangout again. But, nothing since then, and I just got sick of texting him with little or no response because I felt like I was annoying him and that he wasn't interested.

So, today, after talking to my best friend, she said that I should stop texting him completely and try to forget about it. That he is not worth it, and that I am very mature for my age and he is still young and doesn't know what he wants. To aid this she told me to delete his number so I wouldn't be able to text him. I have not texted him since Sunday night. Monday basically is over with and I didn't have any texts from him. We will see how tomorrow goes. He did do the same thing before ball when I wanted to hangout, but after two days of me not texting him at all, he eventually texted me.

I really hope he will, but then again, if he doesn't there isn't much I can do about it. Maybe he is just not interested. Even though he is insanely attractive, cute, and has VERY SIMILAR interests as me! (Which I haven't had with any of my previous relationships!)

Any suggestions on what I should do, and if what I am doing now, is right?

Thank you and I apologize for the length!

I understand what you mean.

I have not texted him at all, obviously, since I deleted his number.

However, last night he texted me out of no where and said "hey" and I said "hey" he said "what you up to" and i said "nothing working a lot lately, how about you" and it ended there I never heard back from him.

It's really annoying how he is and you're right the age difference is a bit too much, even though he looks older, his maturity level is still that of a sixteen year old.

I think I'd give him a call and talk rather than texting. That way you can at least judge his interest a bit better. Make plans to hang out, set a definite place and time, just the two of you.

I wouldn't give up quite yet on this guy. It's possible that he's flighty, but you got some very good signs from him, so I think I'd persist a bit. Try calling and seeing what happens.

If he doesn't respond to that then I would let him come to you.

Archived