She's a little old, imo.

Russ

First of all, in general, I like older friends because the ones my age generally bore me. I've got a higher maturity level than I should at this point in life, I guess. This is actually why it's hard for me to find a girl I like that's my age as well.

Anyways, so a while ago, I met some girl at some get-together. I don't actually remember her from there because I was pretty out of it. But she added me on Facebook, so we were chatting for a little while. She asked me something, and I brought my age into play, saying something about being 18 again. And she responds with:

"heres a deal how about we forget your age n just keep on going ??? =) cause so far i think theyve made a mistake n printed 1990 instead of 84 lol =)"

She's shown me plenty of signs of interest prior to. And I'd love to keep her around as a friend. Hell, I'd love to even go out with her, she's really a great person.

But is it me, or is the age difference bothering anyone else just a little bit here?

errrrrrrrr, im confused. What is the age difference?

5 years.

Well i would say that if you would like to go out with her then go for it! There is a LOT to be said for older women!

How old is she? 24? And you 18? Thats hardly anything to worry about. Go for it!

She's 23, I'm 18, yes. I mean, I understand that age isn't a big indicator, and she's fun, but something feels a little uneasy here. Especially since this isn't a 35-40 sort of thing.

She's 23, I'm 18, yes. I mean, I understand that age isn't a big indicator, and she's fun, but something feels a little uneasy here. Especially since this isn't a 35-40 sort of thing.

Yes but you're an adult, she's an adult and from reading your posts you do seem very mature for your age. Why not give it a try if you're both interested in each other?. I'm 20 and my fiance is 25, no big deal to be honest.

I agree go for it. She'll be happy I bet! Life is too short to worry about age (within reason)

btw, I've seen some great posts from you here Russ, you can keep up with a 24 year old on the so called maturity scale.

If you're so mature and she's only 6 years older what's the big deal?

Thanks to everyone for the collective push. I'd end up hanging out with her either way, be it a date or just that. I'm overthinking it.

5 years.

A little uneasy? Like what? She is afterall quite young,sounds fun,is interested in you & vice versa. Whats the problem Russ?

Yor not over anylizing are you? Because honestly it all seem A OK to me

I say go for it. Tell me this, if the tables were turned and you were attracted would you not ask out the 18 yr old?

Actually, with the rate of creeping older men, I wouldn't, no. I'm sure I would find someone my own age. But that's not a good comparison on its own.

Actually, my friend told me today that some random guy added her to his MSN yesterday and started asking her to strip, etc. She, of course, just deleted him and referred her cop cousin to him.

A little uneasy? Like what? She is afterall quite young,sounds fun,is interested in you & vice versa. Whats the problem Russ?

Yor not over anylizing are you? Because honestly it all seem A OK to me

Oh, I totally think I am. I'll go with the flow on this one. See where I wind up.

Actually, with the rate of creeping older men, I wouldn't, no. I'm sure I would find someone my own age. But that's not a good comparison on its own.

Actually, my friend told me today that some random guy added her to his MSN yesterday and started asking her to strip, etc. She, of course, just deleted him and referred her cop cousin to him.

Oh, I totally think I am. I'll go with the flow on this one. See where I wind up.

Thats the way! Life is about tasting the many beautiful & varied fruits!

And you will never know if you dont take a bite.....

You are too cute. You would be 23 NOT 43, but you need to feel comfortable and i respect you for it.

Go for it. Five years, especially 23-18 is nothing. Just wait til you start dating women in their early to mid 30s and older... you will realize very quickly that you haven't ever -really- been laid before... j/k, but there's some truth there...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Experience can be your friend.

Go for it. Five years, especially 23-18 is nothing. Just wait til you start dating women in their early to mid 30s and older... you will realize very quickly that you haven't ever -really- been laid before... j/k, but there's some truth there...

Uh oh, you've got a point there. She's got 5 extra years on the ball here.

Archived