the right thing to do?! HELP

ashlynn00

My boyfriend and I have been broken up 3 weeks now....... little communication/contact between both of us....We both took time apart, because we were arguing a little bit. Anyway, he contacted me yesterday and wanted to know if I wanted to come over. I replied I didn't know because it might make it hard on us to see each other... He asked if I had moved on because if so, we would need to rethink the visit. I told him I hadn't moved on and he replied he thought we could hang out and rekindle old flames! Not like they went anywhere for both of us..... When I got there he was so excited to see me, hugging me and holding me and not wanting to let go. Well one thing led to another and we ended up having sex. I wanted to stop it and thought about it, but just let it go. He didnt call me last nite or today so I called him asking him if he regretted anything about yesterday, and he replied he didnt' regret anything that happened but asked if we could talk about it later because he was hanging out with a friend, and helping his sister pack up.......I just need advice on what I should do? Or what this means? He isn't the type of guy to use me or anything......

I emailed him today and told him I am going to give him a few more days to contact me and if he doesn't I will start to move on. It will have been almost 1 month. He still hasn't contacted me after I met up with him a few days ago and he told me he'd call me...I initiated the email and just told him I loved him and wanted to be with him, but the ball was in his court and if I haven't heard from him in the next few days, I am moving on.....Was this the right thing to do?!

I don't think it is good to give ultimatums. I am a bit confused...in the first paragraph you say you met up with him yesterday and had sex...but in the second paragraph it sounds like you met up with him a few days ago. If it was only yesterday then perhaps he is busy today. If he had sex with you a few days ago and still hasn't been in contact, he might actually just be the type of guy to use you (turned on the charm, got sex from you but has no intentions of getting back together with you). Lots of dumpers pull that stunt when they are horny. I don't think you should have given him the ultimatum of moving on...I think it is fine to spell out that you want a relationship, but then you should have left it at that, just saying that you leave it up to him to contact you.

Archived