i think i might be bi? im really confused

first off im 15.... dont get me wrong i love guys theyre the best....but it doesnt bother me when girls kiss in fact ad rather watch two girls makeout then a girl and a guy.....my best friend is super pretty and sometimes i feel like shes the only one for me she gets me ya know...i mean one time it was raining and we were dancing in the rain and her boyfriend drove up and to piss him off i said im stealing her from you and we kissed....but i think i felt a "spark" im just really confussed....could anyone help me

Well you're still young. You don't need to label yourself right away. In fact, you don't need to label yourself at all. You don't need to go around saying, I'm straight, or I'm bi, or I'm a lesbian. Honestly, sexuality isn't that easy. It's way too complicated to have only 3 categories.

So for now, just enjoy life! You have plenty of time to figure out what you want.

Hi confussedfishy,

It may be that you are bisexual, but you are young so don't worry about giving your sexuality a definition just yet. As greywolf has quite rightly mentioned, sexuality is something very fluid. If you do fall for a girl then don't be afraid to explore that. However, word of warning - bisexuals not only face discrimination from some heterosexuals but some gay and lesbian individuals distrust bisexuals, in case they "change their minds". It's not something you could help, but you have plenty of time to be certain about anything. Good luck!

However, word of warning - bisexuals not only face discrimination from some heterosexuals but some gay and lesbian individuals distrust bisexuals, in case they "change their minds".

Yes we get it coming and going. There's also not a small number of gay men, at least, who think that bisexuality does not exist (in men) because they know men who went through a period of describing themselves as bi before coming out as gay. I think bisexual people are the least understood, to be honest.

You'll know you're bi when you get sexual and romantic urges towards men and women.

Not true - there are bisexual individuals who fall for either sex in different ways. Here is a very comprehensive list of all the different types of bisexuals you can find out there (at least 13 types):

link removed

Not true - there are bisexual individuals who fall for either sex in different ways. Here is a very comprehensive list of all the different types of bisexuals you can find out there (at least 13 types):

link removed

That's right. I don't have sexual urges towards men but I can still fall in love with them. I have sexual urges towards women but falling in love with them is another matter.

I didn't say in the same way.

But that's how I experience it. And my experience, just because it involves both those pieces does not = less valid.

Hi agent,

I didn't mean to invalidate your experience of bisexuality, each of us feels it in different ways. I was pointing out that bisexual individuals don't have to feel both sexually and romantically attracted to both sexes. There are those who are sexually attracted to both sexes, but only emotionally attracted to one, and vice versa.

I agree with greywolf. I think these days with all the media info on being lesbian, bi, and such-like, that it's no wonder people get confused. It may not be that you fancy your female friend, so much as you envy and want to be like her, and you're getting confused about that. Time will tell.

Archived