what you think about eharmony's compatibility matches?

newyorkpsps

I met one girl from eharmony about 6-7 years ago. As we sat down to dinner on our first date she proceeded to tell me that she had slept with over 30 guys, 3 guys had given it to her in the rear and she was incapable of having an orgasm. Needless to say there was no dessert.

Her profile was a complete fabrication and I never used eharmony again. It works out for some people though.

wow, you found a winner there!!!!! ^^^^^

i've done eharmony on and off for several years. i've had 2 relationships come out of it, and maybe a dozen or so dates. i find that i get less matches than with link removed, but that the guys are more compatible with me. i've never had a relationship come out of match. lately though, i've been unimpressed with eharmony, as there have been all these guys who have been asking me out, and then never following through and making plans!? weird, huh?

i'm currently talking to one guy on eharmony, he just asked me out, i'll call him today to solidify plan, i'm pretty excited about him!

Annie, good luck with the guy.

I've done eHarmony and never got a date from it. Got a few matches and some conversations going, but no dates. I was on eHarmony for about 4 months.

Did link removed until recently. Got a few dates from it, but no second dates. There were two guys that wanted second dates, but I wasn't into them, so no go.

I'm not doing online dating for a while since it is a bit harsh on the psyche.

I have used POF and then eharmony-I had thought that a site you had to pay for would give you people a bit more serious about dating.

I have had two relationships from both these experiances, I enjoyed eharmony more just because (though they can lie) I could see where we could match together. The first man I met we hit it off but he had failed to mention he did drugs once in while, something I was not looking for.

Second man I met we have seemed to click and as it stands have been dating 8 months and are soon to move in with each other.

just because a guy is or isn't your eharmony match isn't a reason to date (or not date him). eharmony has matched me with every single guy in my department, that's not embarrassing at all! i was even matched with some ex-bfs, and guys i had dated and met in other ways, and i already KNEW we weren't compatible.

that said, you've said some kind of disconcerting things about the guy you are seeing..... (ie, his racism against your culture, his waffling on being in an exclusive relationship with you....) there's something to be said if all your family and friends can't stand him.

thanks, annie, I still have feelings for him, so want to give him a try... but eharmony matched me some great guys too. I don't know whether I should give them a try too...

I'm almost 30. can't afford to play now.thanks.

just because a guy is or isn't your eharmony match isn't a reason to date (or not date him). eharmony has matched me with every single guy in my department, that's not embarrassing at all! i was even matched with some ex-bfs, and guys i had dated and met in other ways, and i already KNEW we weren't compatible.

that said, you've said some kind of disconcerting things about the guy you are seeing..... (ie, his racism against your culture, his waffling on being in an exclusive relationship with you....) there's something to be said if all your family and friends can't stand him.

One of the problems with eHarmony is that they judge "compatibility" based on what people report is true about themselves--so it may be that you would be an amazing match with the guy your guy thinks he is...but not so much with the guy he *actually* is. I got really hurt by a guy off of there where there was a VERY large but not immediately apparent difference between those two versions of himself...

I still got a lot out of the site and have met some genuinely nice guys off of there...but you definitely have to keep your expectations lower than the commercials suggest.

I never really got to know how eHarmony matching works because, after about an hour answering questionnaires, I got rejected. It made me feel kind of bad, like there was something really wrong with me. But now looking back (this happened about 9 - 10 months ago), I find it funny.

A couple of months later I joined link removed, where I met my boyfriend. He was the first guy I had contact with through the site, and we've been together for about eight months. It has not been perfect all the time, but in general I'm happy.

they might reject you if you have a 'rare' personality type and they can't find enough compatible matches in your area. they also reject people who show too much... hmmm.... i don't know the word.... too socially conforming? like one question states, 'have you ever broken the speed limit?' chances are, everyone has, and someone who says no is lying, so those people are weeded out.

Archived