Open Club  ·  101 members  ·  Free

Journals

Blaze the Trail!

_AC_

People, people everywhere... but not a soul cares. I almost feel this is true for every human being I see - right straight accross the full spectrum of my life. From the pastor of my church and it's members, to my co-workers, and even my own family members.

Are they like a mirror? Are they showing me how I treat them?

I don't want to break the mirror... I want to smile and improve the view.

I sometimes feel like I'm grasping at straws trying to understand why I am the way I am - and how I can repair myself to be more like other people I know who seem to be happy.

People are a lot like chickens. The most productive egg-layers, like Leghorns, are scrawny and tough and thereforeeee not good eating. Plump, meaty birds, on the other end of the spectrum, lay far fewer eggs. Breeding the two types together creates a somewhat substantial body and a mid-range output of henfruit.

What I'm driving at here is that supremely self-confident and egocentric people tend to be happy, while introspective types who question themselves regularly are generally more compassionate toward their fellows. Both groups, it goes without saying, have their characteristic drawbacks. The best one can ideally hope for, as I see the bottom line, is a balance somewhere in the middle between these two extremes.

Archived