Okay guys, I really need help and advice

Gracelove

I found another school with a wonderful nursing program. This school is in the same state I was raped.

So I'm feeling like it really shouldn't matter. I feel like I'm beyond it, and that I shouldn't even consider this in my plans.

I'm feeling confident and happy.

Okay, I just want to know if you think it's a good idea. Because the city is fairly close to the city I was raped in.

And I was wondering...do you think that will mess with my psyche (sp?). Will it screw with my subconscious mind?

I just really want to know.

Because I'm excited about the possibility of moving to this place, and going to school, and having my own wonderful life.

I won't....I refuse, to be fearful. I was raped, so what, it's over, and I should be able to go where I want to go without fear.

I just want to be sure that I'm not making a mistake.

Like, will it really bother me beneath the surface? I want to be able to study.

I had bad experiences in college, but it's because I was naive when it came to life. I mean, some people don't know everything they need to, and they get taken, it's life.

I just don't want to sabotage myself. I'm feeling great, like I've recovered from what happened. But how do I know for sure? How do I know I won't flip out or something. I just want to be okay.

Any suggestions???

Iowa has a good nursing program

if you think that you are fully over your rape, then you should go, but if it's going to trigger you and make you think about the rape then maybe you shouldn't go to a place that seems familiar to you or will make you feel uncomfortable

Going to Nursing School? You won't have TIME to get freaked out!

Seriously, only YOU can know if it will bother you. Being "near" that town isn't really the same as being IN that town.

You are strong, you are brave. (Going to Nursing School TAKES chutzpah) You will be ok.

We have very good Nursing Programs in Virginia, too. lol.

Do one of two things:

Be raped again

or

Walk tall

"But if I move there, I might be raped again."

I understand you're afraid of being raped, however, it sounds like you really want to do this and BY doing this, you'd overcome that horrible experience. By moving, you WIN. Do it for yourself.

Archived