I've fallen for a coworker. But does he like me?

Ok, first time poster here. I'm looking forward to all replies. I'll give some quick background, but I'm trying to figure out if this guy I work with likes me. Don't worry about us working together creating a problem, b/c I'll be transfering to a new department in January and any relationship we (hopefully) have will not interfer with work.

Background - He's 29, I'm 24. We have quite a few things in common... Movies, sports, sense of humor, and we've been getting kinda flirty with each other lately. He lives with his sister, I live alone...

My problem is that I'm getting mixed signals. Sometimes I'm 100% sure that he's interested, but some days I have my doubts. I'm on vacation this week and he's having to fill in for me at our place of work. My mom works there, too, and they get along. She says that he's been talking about me every day this week. You know, How's her vacation going? Is she going anywhere? He's asked her before where I live and if I live by myself. And 75% of the time he'll come over to my area to talk to me (he's on a different shift, so not long after I arrive at work, he's leaving). But it's those few days that he doesn't talk to me that makes me think he's not interested. But I've also noticed that if he's in a bad mood or had a bad day, he doesn't want to talk to anyone.

I just don't get why he hasn't asked me out yet. He would have to be blind or dumb not to have figured out that I like him. Trust me, I'm not being a giddy little school girl, but I'm definitely showing interest. I'm worried that when I transfer in January, that it will all be over. I guess if that happens then I've got my answer (and I will move on with my life).

But I know if I've given the chance (i.e. we get to know each other more intimately) I will fall in love with him. And trust me, I've seen some of his bad sides and he's seen mine. I've seen him in embarrassing moments and he's seen me in quite a few as well. But that has not turned me away from him.

So, I guess I need to know what you guys think? How much longer should I keep wishing/praying for him to give me a sign? Should I keep trying to get his attention, or just back off and let everything go?

Thanks so much!

Well I think he likes you already, and that your already head over heals for him.

the issue is why hasn't he made the next move?

Have you seen some of the other posts on this forum of guys asking whether this or that girl has shown any interest in them,? when you read it these girls have given so many signals they have done everything but put in a full page ad in a newspaper declaring their interest! lol

Some guys are a little more shy, he may be afraid to ask, or worried about the work thing, he may be waiting also that you switch departments, maybe he is not sure that your serious when flirting with him ( i am a natural flirt myself) .

You know something, this is the new millennium, you can just go right up to him and tell him how you feel. yep thats right you! you have nothing to lose!, If he likes you then he will be relieved and happy that you like him back, if he was only thinking of you as a friend, then you would have saved all this time wondering, and it wont effect you too much because your out of there soon anyways.

So go right up to him, and tell him you need to talk to him, go out for coffee, and spill the beans (not the coffee beans). tell him you have been having these feelings for him.

I Love it when a woman makes a move on me, makes me feel really wanted and special. so go for it, i bet your dreams come true!

so stop being the "Ladyinwaiting" and start being the "ladyindating"

Maybe he's feeling weirded out by going out with someone from work

and knowing your mother and all.

Perhaps you could find a way to make him feel safe about it. Get him in the comfort zone about you and maybe he can make the leap to risking his neck on getting rejected by a friend and her mom that he works with every day.

But if you don't wanna bother with that song and dance, just ask him out

"as a friend" to something of mutual interest and be cool.

It's the 21st century girl.

dang it,

If that guy wasn't being honest (saying he was single and all when he had alot more going on), then you deserve better than that low life anyway.

At least you've learned some personality traits that you could look for (and watch out for) in the next guy anyway. You've learned about yourself that way.