I was dating this women for only 3 month, but the relationship was very intense. A week ago she broke up with me saying that something at the gut level just does not feel right to continue. At the same time she just can not stop crying and keep saying that this is just too difficult for her becasue she cares so much about me.

After thinking about it, I told her that she is probably right, altough that we really care for each other, we just not in love at this time. I suggested a friendship becasue I really do like her as a person and want to be her friend. However, she repllied crying by saying that she need time and space becasue she is devastated. Also, my friend run into her friend and she confirmed that she is really, really upset about it.

Here is my questions. Given the fact that we were only together for 3 month, I would like to get back together to see if this will work. I feel that if we are both upset about this, may be there is chance to make it work

. Does it sound right or I am just having hard time getting over break up? How do I approach this subject with her while respecting her wishes of time and space. Thank you for your help!

Hi,

I have read your posting. You are in a difficult situation. In your position, I think I would have explained her how I feel and then leave the initiative with her. I have a feeling that is pretty much all you can do, because obviously she needs her space. That she is crying over the situation is hard, but nothing you can do about. The only thing you can do about that, is to be there for her when she's ready to talk to you.

I hope this was of help and I wish you good luck.

Regards,

~ SwingFox ~

I agree with swing fox. You are right, 3 months is a short time to be with someone and so much more could happen between you two. I do not think that another shot is completely out of the question, however, I think you should approach this very carefully. Maybe call her or write a letter stating that you have feelings for her deeply and that you want to give this relationship another shot if she is willing. Tell her that you want to respect her boundaries of time and space and in no way want her to feel pressured by you, but that you are there if/when she decides she is ready to talk and work things out. However, if she does not come around, you need to accept this and move forward. Break ups are difficult, noone said that they were easy, but they will come and go throughout our life and we have to learn to do what is in our power to change a situation, or accept it. I hope this was of help.

I posted a note here before, but something happned last night.

we were dating for 3 month and two weeks ago she decided to break up. We both took it really hard becasue we cared for each other a lot, but it was not enough time to develop love. She was and is crying every day and asked me to gove her some time and space. I did and have not contacted her for over a week. at the same time, I do what to get back together, but I like to respect her wishes for time and space. however, last night I run inti her at the party. It was very strange, at first we did not know what to say to each other (and she is a very talkative person...) We just exchanged some meanigless words and walked apart. later, I walkeu up to her and we start talking. she said that she can not stop crying and her friends just forced her to come to this party to get out of the house. we had a nice and short chat and I gave her a little kiss on a forehead and told her that I had to go.

What do I di know? Do I call ger again? How should I handle the approaching Valentine? It is very hard. Please help!

Hate to say this, but you are going to still have to give her .. "Time" and "Space" she needs. She is obviously not ready yet for a relationship and not ready for you. If she is then she will be the one to come to you, she will be the one to call you. All you can do is wait or move on for your final answer about this. It's clear she needs her time.. and even seeing her last night and only exchanging few words does not change the situation. It won't be easy. And With V-day coming up.. horrible day for people who are single won't be an easy day to survive.. but I have done it.. and so have many others. You can maybe be sweet and send her something with a card attached stating that you miss her.. maybe that would work and make her feel special. Other than that give her time and try to move on. If this was ment to be.. then things will work out.

WHEN A WOMAN SAYS THAT SHE NEEDS SPACE ,IT USUALLY MEANS THAT SHE IS TO MUCH OF A COWARD TO TELL YOU GOOD BYE,OR SHE KNOWS SHE ALWAYS HAS YOU FOR NOW AS BACK UP,SO DURING THE TIME THAT SHE NEEDS HER SPACE SHE CAN LOOK FOR THIS FANTASY MAN THAT MOST WOMEN THINK EXIST.IF SHE THINKS SHE FINDS HIM,ITS CURTASINS FOR YOU....IF SHE DOESNT,SHE KNOWS THAT YOU ARE WAITING FOR HER..IF IN FACT SHE IS CRYING EVERYDAY OVER YOU,SHE SHOULD COME BACK,AND DID SHE CRY AT THE PARTY WHEN YOU TALKED TO HER???JUST MY OPINION..