Open Club  ·  36 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

Eat Pray Love

CareBear53187

Read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I was cautious to jump on this bandwagon because it's such a popular book but i finished it last night..and seriously have never felt more release or sense of "it really is going to be okay" in my life. it motivates you to make steps towards changing your own life and letting go of things. It didn't make me feel empowered in the way that watching legally blonde does, but it was a more real sense of peace that Elizabeth got after her divorce and it makes you see that while it may be a long road it will eventually take a turn for the better. READ IT!

It is geared towards woman.

Yeah, I just got out of a 4 year relationship and this book has really helped me to heal...a great deal more than i ever have

"The secret", no offense, i think is a load of postmodern new age , but that's just my opinion.

Eat, Pray, Love is amazing, and yeah it's an easy read, and quick, simply because it's so enjoyable.

Here's an excerpt:

["Groceries"] “I seriously believed that David was my soul mate.”

[Richard, a fellow Ashram guest from Texas] “He probably was. Your problem is that you don’t understand what that word means. People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you will ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave. And thank God for it. Your problem is, you just can’t let this one go. It’s over, Groceries. David’s purpose was to shake you up, drive you out of that marriage that you needed to leave, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so a new light could get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you had to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master and beat it."

Archived