age difference have any meaning?

Caterina

I have found that the last couple of guys I was interested in were a few years younger than I was. I don't know if its just because those are the only guys I'm meeting or not.

Recently I found out that a guy who was only 21, well, was that age. I told my sister about it and she said that he liked her in the past. And that it was gross for me to like him since he was only 21. I'm 25. Opinions?

I'll be 26 in 4 months, and my boyfriend just turned 24.

I love him, and I wouldn't love him any different if he was older or I was younger, but sometimes it does bother me I guess because all of my other ex's were around 4 years older than me. And I have always preferred guys older and taller. But you can't help who you fall in love with. Who cares. If they are legal and you like them..go for it.

opinions on what? this post is weird. you say you sister thinks it's gross then you ask 'i'm 25 opinions?'

date who you want to. if you want more maturity i'd keep it 25 and up.

I'm not so sure. To me, you're more likely to be more mature as you age, but not necessarily. The guys I've liked that were younger were all VERY mature...and also my intellectual equals. So you don't think its weird that I've liked younger men? I'm hoping its just b/c I've only encountered younger men.

A 21 and 25 year old dating isn't gross. Your sister is probably just weirded out that a guy that she liked is now dating you. Doesn't matter what age, that'd be weird for a little bit.

As long as you have connections with these people and you can stand the immaturity in comparison, date who you want.

Maybe, but she made me feel weird. And it would be worse if he thought I was just some weird older dorky version of my sister or something, who knows.

Don't you have your own opinion on anything at all?

Your posts all sound like "my mom prefers yellow but my dad prefers pink - which colour should I choose?" or "my sister thinks I'm younger than her - is that true?".

You need to regain control of your thoughts and actions... Fast!

If you've made the mistakes I've made, you wouldn't trust yourself to make any decisions either. I'm overly emotional and often go with my emotions...its easier to ask for objective decision making.

I'll be 26 in 4 months, and my boyfriend just turned 24.

I love him, and I wouldn't love him any different if he was older or I was younger, but sometimes it does bother me I guess because all of my other ex's were around 4 years older than me. And I have always preferred guys older and taller. But you can't help who you fall in love with. Who cares. If they are legal and you like them..go for it.

Thats only 2 years, though.

Thats only 2 years, though.

Well yeah, and for me it bothers me a little bit bc all my other boyfriends have been older.

I would never date a 21 year old at my age because most 21 year olds I know are too immature. As you get older I don't think age gaps are that bad. If i was 35 I don't think I would mind dating a 31 year old.

But it all comes down to what feels comfortable for YOU. Who cares what other people think.

Archived