Do you think that...

Oh I really do believe things happen for a reason...you just don't know the reason as it is happening. Usually the reason becomes apparent only afterwards when you realize that the roadblocks put in your way were beneficial...sometimes they force you to grow, sometimes they force you to change your mindset and look at alternative choices which end up to be the better way to go than what you had originally thought. In the end, it usually comes out alright even when it seems so bleak.

I seriously think everything DOES happen for a reason...

To me things just happen to find it's place in the puzzle... example?

My great girlfriend...

I failed my math class 3 times and ended up taking it again and meet her..so even though i regret slacking the whole time I probably wouldn't have meet her..

Oh I really do believe things happen for a reason...you just don't know the reason as it is happening. Usually the reason becomes apparent only afterwards when you realize that the roadblocks put in your way were beneficial...sometimes they force you to grow, sometimes they force you to change your mindset and look at alternative choices which end up to be the better way to go than what you had originally thought. In the end, it usually comes out alright even when it seems so bleak.

I agree with this. I don't believe in "fate" or "destiny," but I believe that all events in our life have a reason -- a purpose. We make choices, and those choices have consequences, and those consequences lead us to various places in our lives. Someone else makes a choice that directly affects us, we are affected (whether negatively or positively), and we learn from the experience. Something entirely out of our control happens -- i.e. a natural disaster, the death of a loved one, and we learn important lessons about life and what we should value, etc.

Often, we don't know the reasons for things until LONG after they've happened. Many times, it's a case of "ah-ha!" many years down the road, when a lightbulb goes on and we say "NOW I understand why that had to happen!" There are some reasons that we may never know -- we may die not knowing them -- but I like to think that eventually the reasons/purposes become apparent.

I think it is a mix...we obviously have a certain amount of controll like, coming to a fork in the road..do we go right or left....we take it and something happens that is life changing, somethng better might of happened if we took teh other road..we will never know. I guess I see some thing as fate because we really can only control ourselves and our actions, perhaps the fate piece comes from what happens around me, the part I don't have control over.

...everything really does happen for a reason, or is that just a bunch of crap? Is everything just chance, is it fate, is it destiny? Thoughts?

Yes things do happen for a reason. Ok the guy I'm dating...well, I knew him when I was dating my ex, and we never really spoke much. We'd say a few words. I'd make a comment on something he was doing. But never more than that(we have a mutual friend). My ex is a good guy, but he doesn't know how to be a boyfriend and I didn't want to show him. Well, we broke up. Now the guy I'm dating, I've found out hes an absolute hopeless romantic. He treats me better than my ex ever did. I didn't think I could be happy with anyone else other than my ex...I'm happier now. Things happen for a reason. If me and my ex didn't break up, I never would have had the chance with the guy I'm with now.

IF you're questioning whether someone better will come along, the answer's yes, someone better will come along.

Archived