sex too early into relationships

Konfetkette

in my case the sex actually pushed her away.....we were amazingly connected in all areas, major attraction....we had sx after a week of intense texting, talking, emailing...this was a reconnection after meeting 2 years before dating a few times timing wasn't right then. So after a few weeks of dating whe broke up with me saying the sexualo chelistry wasn't there and that sexual chemistry is a natural thing that it would be impossible to change that. Even though I disagree, not much I can do.

Basically I am a person that needs to feel a connection on a lot of levels before sex instead of haveing sex and then trying to connect on all levels. Sex is the easy part....if everything else clicks then I think that with two willing people the sex thing can work.

My girlfriend told me early on in the relationship that she wanted to wait until the right time to have sex. All her past relationships were guys using her for sex and they didn't treat her the right way. She changed as a person and until we were really comfortable and connected, she didn't want to do it. I respected her decision and told her that I'd be willing to wait for her. We ended up doing it a few months in, but by that point we both felt we had a better emotional connection and the sex was great. I think if we did do it early on, it wouldn't have been the same.

For as much fuss as people tend to make about it, I haven't had major issues with waiting or not waiting. I have had continuing relationship with first night sex and the same after waiting months. I do have pretty strong opinions on the matter, but until an 'issue' comes up in real life, I am not going to worry about it.

A little restraint on my part goes a long way.

Archived