I know, I know, but I have one more! So the ortho tri cyclen is making me moody and depressed. The doctor said I may be able to switch to regualr ortho cyclen because it stabalizes moods better because it's one hormone level instead of 3. So my question is, when I switch, am I going to get all the breakthrough bleeding again? will it be like starting an all new pill? or will it be the same because it's still ortho cyclen just a different version?

I've been bleeding for one month straight already and was hoping it would die down, But now I'm worried it will start all over by switching to the new one

Anyone ever noticed a difference in moods between the two?

(so I guess that's two questions..hehe)

When you're on ortho tri, it's 3 different levels of hormones. Each week, the amount increases (hence, the three different colors). Ortho cylen is only one level of hormones (the dark blue dose on the ortho tri). Ortho cyclen is overall stronger than ortho tri so your spotting will probably subside or disappear with regular use. Of course, this is when you take it the same time everyday. Some people are very sensitive to even a few hours difference so try to set an alarm or something if you tend to forget. I myself started with Ortho tri and experienced the same side-effect (not the bleeding but the mood swings). After 4 months I switched over to Ortho cyclen and have been on it for 6 years. Hope this helps!

When you're on ortho tri, it's 3 different levels of hormones. Each week, the amount increases (hence, the three different colors). Ortho cylen is only one level of hormones (the dark blue dose on the ortho tri). Ortho cyclen is overall stronger than ortho tri so your spotting will probably subside or disappear with regular use. Of course, this is when you take it the same time everyday. Some people are very sensitive to even a few hours difference so try to set an alarm or something if you tend to forget. I myself started with Ortho tri and experienced the same side-effect (not the bleeding but the mood swings). After 4 months I switched over to Ortho cyclen and have been on it for 6 years. Hope this helps!

really? that gives me hope!! I do set an alarm and take it the same time everyday, but it still bleeds alot I just hope the moods change, I'm getting engaged in two months and don't even feel how I should

Archived