This girl doesn't know a stranger.

matius

So this girl I know at work is very much the life of the party, not at all conceited. I've felt that I've been dropped a few hints when speaking to her here and there and we certainly get along well, but she's very much everybody is included, so if I'm being asked to meet up, so are other people... it's very confusing and I feel like I am misconstruing her actions. If she wasn't such a people person I would say 100% this girl was into me.

One example I guess is that she suggested we hang out you know just to me, kind of like i was being asked out (not sure how to describe it exactly) ... and since then we've been hanging out, but with others -- not too much...

...now if we didn't work together I'd ask her straight up ... find out and move on, but since we do I think it calls for a little more couth. Yes, rejection sucks but now I have to go into this place and work... and everyone is tight.

Keep in mind I'm only temporary; will not be working there eventually so I do have a parachute if it didn't work out

So I guess do you know anyone so completely extroverted? And how do they generally let a guy know yea you're the one dummy?

I think you have higher chances of success if you realize that you don't have to accept all her invitations. Since you are only temporary there is no problem with dating her. Take the lead and ask her out instead of waiting her to ask you out with the group all the time.

ghost69... I hear that, really I do. But I dig her (even though she may not me), I do. So I feel like I at the very least I owe it to myself to know rather than wonder later... I can live with a little disappointment.

Lana0120... yeaah, just sort of waiting for a sign which is probably fairly lame to most that read this.

sailor... yea but I'm a pretty great dude (joking). I think I've been playing things right.

Altruist... I've only accepted when I wanted to do something, just a few times. She's accepted my invitation as well and made herself fully available and even told me how great a time was had. But I do feel fake hanging out, and I hate not being true. I'm there for other reasons and so it can't really move on in this fashion.

no time. okay. there has to be women where you are walking, shopping, going to school, etc.

Well I'm out of school, but if you knew my town the girls seem real uninterested when shopping or walking and I'm not exactly the smooth bomb talker. But I digress, I catch your point...

Anyway, my daughter's response will probably not be very helpful. She said "If I'm interested I would approach him and tell him I want to go out with him"

No worries, that's great that your daughter is bold like that. Save us guys a lot of time wondering.

• 3 weeks later...

Well anyways I made my move and everything turned out just right. Things shifted dramatically the group thing to just us and so I thought it was time. So nice to take a chance sometimes esp. when you really want something. Never know how things turn but we can only take it one day at a time right

• 2 weeks later...

Archived