Does life get better? ...

alexia denise

Hey girl,

What is it that you feel is getting worse in your life and how old are you? For me, life gets better the more I learn to make it better for myself. At 27 that is still with ups and downs, but comparing 27 to how I felt when I was 17 for instance... I know much better who I am, what I want, where I am going.

Arwen

Lessee.....me at 23...active eating disorder and untreated depression, living with my bf and a roommate in a 2 bedroom apartment because we couldn't afford to live on our own, unreliable car (all I could afford), and nothing but stress, stress, stress....

Me at 43...ED issues dealt with, depression managed, a happy, healthy relationship with my hubby, and a belief system and outlook on life that makes it possible for me to be fairly happy and stress-free most of the time. (A belief system and outlook on life that developed from going through some really crappy times)

Yup. Wouldn't go back to my 20's if you paid me large sums of money to do so.

I guess there are many different perspectives, but I can second what other posters have said, that you can be miserable in your twenties. When I was younger, I feel like I had more chances, more hope, but now it is just family situations closing in on me, and the bleak depressing years ahead.

Not that you asked for my advice or anything, so you can tell me to go shove it.. But I think you should cut ties with your family if they are making you miserable. So what if you end up with $30,000 in student loans? It won't make you depressed. Toxic people will.

It my b-day today i am terrible sick and i honestly wanted to die ... i just wanna does life relli get better as u go along? It seems my life only gets worse as i age and i am reallli young so ...

It really does get better! I can't wait for it to get better for you. I was a depressed, unhappy, self-loathing, miserable person who didn't trust anybody when I was in highschool and middle school. I think the root of the evil was my parents divorce, my friendships, and my sister's hatefulness towards me. When I got into college I messed around for a while and tried doing all kinds of things for the wrong reasons. Finally something clicked for me and I realized that you can't expect anybody else to think anything of you unless you think it of yourself. Just think positive, experiment a lot! Not necessarily with bad things (sex, drugs... rock and roll?) but just keep an open mind and love everything. Be nice to everyone and people will be nice back. I'm about to turn 20 and I feel like I have a lot more figured out than most people my age. Just hang in there! The good times will come! Surround yourself with the things and people you love, not the bad things. Okay, I'm done rambling. Cheers.

Hi Alexia,

Life will always have its ups and downs..sometimes, more downs than ups. But you know what? In the end, it makes you a STRONGER person.

Sounds like you're going through a really rough patch in your life. Who says that growing up is easy? It isn't, but that's what life's all about.

One thing that you should look forward to are the things that make you happy from within.. When you're in touch with yourself, spiritually (I'm not talking about religion), when you know who you are, what your sole purpose in life is, then no matter how much life gets you down, your spirit will always bring you back up.

What helps is to always look back at where you came from, your accomplishments, the person you've become today, and the person you look forward to becoming tomorrow- a more well-rounded and refined YOU.

Remember that pain is only temporary.. Tomorrow will be a better day. Hang in there..

Archived