Tone of someone voice

ninnin

Can you indicate someone is flirting with you by the tone of their voice? I'm not sure how I can explain it but lets say they start asking you questions about yourself and the tone of their voice seems different they how they usually talk (tone is usually higher and more perky then usual). Is this a way girls flirt with guys or am I miss reading this?

The intonation of voice is usually a dead giveaway. Usually if it's higher pitched and sounds delicate, it's a pretty clear sign that their intent is to impress and not offend you. If a girl is not interested, she will usually indicate so in her voice. You'll know, because you'll think to yourself wow she doesn't care. It's like that overly bubbly waitress who just a little too chipper. Trying to be a little more upbeat, can't blame her! Well she's doing it for a tip, otherwise its to get you to ask for their number.

Trust me girls will indicate it with every ounce of their body language when they are or are not interested.

Voice is a sign of interest but I disagree with Poe I'm afraid. I think some girls are naff at showing when their not interested they just dont realise the signals theyre giving off.

I think the trick is to find a few indications that she likes you. You've got the voice thing...thats one, now find another. Does she ever tough you lightly on the arm when talking (classic sign)? How interested is she in your hobbies etc? Is she playful joking around with you (especially at your expense(inviting you to tease her back))?

If in doubt: sod it and ask her out anyway. Even if she says no, not many girls will be offended at you asking and most are nice enough to continue being friendly after you've asked.

Voice is a sign of interest but I disagree with Poe I'm afraid. I think some girls are naff at showing when their not interested they just dont realise the signals theyre giving off.

I think the trick is to find a few indications that she likes you. You've got the voice thing...thats one, now find another. Does she ever tough you lightly on the arm when talking (classic sign)? How interested is she in your hobbies etc? Is she playful joking around with you (especially at your expense(inviting you to tease her back))?

If in doubt: sod it and ask her out anyway. Even if she says no, not many girls will be offended at you asking and most are nice enough to continue being friendly after you've asked.

Well I asked this because I noticed over the years a fair number of girls have done this and I woundered what the deal was. I have an example:

Last year practice was almost over and this girl comes up to me and starts talking to me (yet I never really talked to her before). She said if I was ready to run laps and I told her I hated it so much. Her voice went a higher pitch and said "oh me too" and gave me a high five.

It's things like that I notice and woundered if it was anything to look at.

Can you indicate someone is flirting with you by the tone of their voice? I'm not sure how I can explain it but lets say they start asking you questions about yourself and the tone of their voice seems different they how they usually talk (tone is usually higher and more perky then usual). Is this a way girls flirt with guys or am I miss reading this?

Sure, if their voice goes from standard E major to B flat (5th diminished) then they are flirting with you..

Ok, I couldn't resist, sorry.

I've noticed that people tend to use more mellow voice when flirting but it's not a rule.

Archived