Do I really love him??

confused4life

Just some ideas...

With long-term relationships, things change over time. That initial "can't keep our hands off of each other" feeling tends to fade. That combined with moving in together may be affecting how you feel. While it used to be that when you'd see each other you'd usually feeling like having sex...well now you're around each other so much more that you just don't feel like it all the time. Also, it's possible you feel like you've lost some of your freedom and independence, which leads to thoughts of being single again.

When you look at your future, how do you feel when you think of him in it with you? How do you feel if you think of him NOT being in it?

It might help you figure things out if you make sure you have hobbies and activities that are just your own. Make time to have quality time with him AND with yourself. See if that changes your perspective. If you still feel the same way, it's possible that you've just lost some of the feelings that you had.

Difficult question to answer, only you can decide if you really love your boyfriend or not.

Ask yourself this,

Do you still look forward to seeing him, if you haven't seen him for a while?

Do you both still do things together, i.e activites, etc

How would you feel if the two of you broke up and he starting seeing someone else?

You say that you are losing your physical attraction, do you think of your boyfriend as more of a friend/brother?

There could be many reasons, you are about to start college to study law, perhaps your feelings are changing because you are going through changes in your life, not ready for the committment, etc.

Hey op- I had a feeling about this thread, and read on to find that we're in the same boat, pretty much. I've been with my guy for almost 1.5 years, and I moved in with him in June. Lately I've been feeling the same way, and I've pretty much concluded that it's the "honeymoon" period ending. Ask yourself the questions above (do you miss him when he's gone, etc...) and you should find your answer. Has your life gotten more stressful? Other than the move, has there been any other big changes?

sounds to me like maybe you feel like exploring the single life and feel a bit young to be already in a serious long term relationship. maybe the timing is just wrong right now. what i mean is, maybe he is a great bf and you seem sure he would be a good guy to marry, but sounds like at this time and your age you would rather have your freedom and independance.

maybe after you explore these feelings and have time apart you feel be SURE you love him or you dont.

Archived