my dramatic filled life! Please Help!

ashlynn00

Ok....here it goes......

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 2yrs....I have been feeling like we are drifting apart so when he moves back down where I am the end of August for college, I am going to break it off..... In the meantime one of my good friends I used to work with until he moved away, has came back into the picture. He moved away to be with his Fiance but when things didnt' work out, he moved back home. He has spilled out all of his feelings for me, even told me he was going to wait on me. Also, he has told me that something inside of him is telling him not to give up on me. I do know I have some feelings for him, but I feel like I should take time after the break-up... Between my ex and my current boyfriend I have been in relationships the last 5 years. I am also confused as to why my friend laid it all out there on the line, and if he is really serious. Let me know of any advice you may have. Thanks!

Hi ashly,

I think that the reason your friend spilled everything to you so suddenly has a lot to do with the fact that his relationship with his fiancee didn't work out. I'm sure that he was feeling hurt as well as lonely, and that's probably why he went to you so suddenly. He has probably always had some kind of feelings for you in the past, but now that things with his fiancee haven't worked out...he needs someone more than ever.

I think that it's definitely a good idea to take some alone time after breaking up with your boyfriend. When we rush into one relationship after another, we often lose sight of ourselves and who we are. You should take some time to just be by yourself, and to figure out what it is you really want out of a relationship as well. If your friend is truly serious about his feelings, you'll know because he'll wait for you as long as it takes. If he can't handle that then he's just lonely and not really serious.

It also seems to me that you aren't really crazy about your friend in that way. You mentioned that you know you have "some" feelings for him, but it doesn't sound like you really want to be with him desperately. Wait until you find a guy who you really like, and never settle for less than that.

Archived