Im just hurt

You guyss...I'm also in the same boat so I can hear your pain. Its Day 2 for me....why dont we all post on this thread and keep eachother updated about our pain and healing so we can get through it together...?

I wanna hear about your breakup iamconfused and celeste....if you'd like to share of course. Maybe it'll help release some stress =/

Well, it's a long and painful story, Gabrielle, and you can read my thread, it's called "Urgent advice needed, please reply!" You know, I have been up and down, one day I feel like "I know he will call me, I am just sure he will" and the following day I feel like "he just doesn't give a damn" but now that I got advice from all these wonderful people I am sure about what to do, and it won't be too painful I hope I am in the No Contact Challenge too, it will help.

My sentiments to all three of you, as early on our systems are in such shock. As has been suggested already, try to get out and around people that are supportive and stay away from situations as best you can that might cause you to run into your ex, as much as you want to at this point. The pain does fade into the background with time. Be good to yourselves.

Yeah. I know how painful it can be. My ex was an abusive jerk to me and he claims hes' made a miraculous recovery...but the odds of that really happening are close to zero so its hard to keep NC (im trying) even though he contacts me all the time and actually WANTS to get back together but I have to keep reminding myself to stay away from him.

Well...I can relate to your feelings..kind of. I know how that feels but in my current breakup..I feel pure disgust. But...feelings are temporary and you just gotta allow yourself to feel them and then they'll go away. I know it sucks but I mean, thats the only way I can do it.

I started taking baby steps towards NC. I'm taking like a 10 day thing where I wanna try and get through NC for at least 10 days...and then maybe add another 10...cuz NC for forever seems like an awful long time...no?

Hang in there Celeste!

Hey guys...I'm at 4 months...its still hard, but you DO start to feel stronger about yourself. I used to set little short-term goals like: Okay, go for one week. Then, at the end of that week I'd be like, "Okay, now another." Before I knew it, I was at month 4. I've learned a lot about myself, I've gone out with some interesting guys, and I've even gotten closer with my family, but...its a day by day process.

It's hard to realize, but we do have a choice about suffering. We can recognize it's temporary and that, even if now it's mere moments, we can surrender our thoughts and try to simply let go bit by bit. I sometimes just close my eyes and breath deeply, not exactly formal meditation but I find it centers me, even if briefly and helps me realize that the present moment is just fine, my ex and my anxiety are in the past and only because of my overactive mind am I still experiencing the pain. I also find that walking helps....just getting up and moving interrupts those thoughts....hang in there!

Hello,

I have been pretty much going up and down with my feelings. Trying so hard to control it. My ex texted mess. me over the weekend and said, " if she can have her stuff back." I said, "Yes" I said we can meet up and i can give the stuff back to her. She said, that would be akward and if I can give her stuff to my friend. My buddy met her that day and she said that she doesnt have feelings for me anymore. I dont get it, Last week she told me she misses me and we hung out she asked for kisses, hugs and to hold her hand. Her letter shows some hope that we can be together.

I really dont know anymore.

Archived