street flirting

hammer81

I urge anyone who is normally nervous when approaching women in bars to try this.

I'm not for one moment condoning hassling or invading their privacy, but sometimes they can open up to you.

I've tried this a couple of times, and if you don't come on too strong, joke with them, possibly saying they're cute/interesting etc, you may be able to get a number. I did, and I have never been that good.

For instance, just go up to one, pretending to be on your cell phone, then come off it as you sit down next to her. Then ask how she is and when she asks you tell her that you're in a bit of a quandary. It's one of your best female friend's birthdays and you want to get her a blouse that you know she likes but you don't wanna know her size.....(and you don't wanna get it too big for obvious reasons, but too small could embarrass her) Then ask what she'd do!

Give it a go.

I'd like to hear what the girls of the forum make of it too.

Hey Hammer - Just wanted to say congrats! Sounds like things are taking a positive turn for you.

I just wanted to point something out I thought was sort of funny - could be part of the issue.....

You said, "...go up to one..." I'm assuming you referring to one of us girls?? If not, and I misunderstood...apologies. But if I WAS reading that right, what I want to point out is - we're not a different species. I think you're on to something when you have the position, "just talk to them, ask for advice, make a joke. "

Girls are people, just like you. We have feelings, doubts, insecurities etc. As soon as you put yourself on our level, or us on yours, you'll level the playing field.

For a lot of people, I think sometimes we tend to put the opposite sex in a different category than ourselves. But the truth is, we shouldn't. Whilst of course there are some obvious differences in the genders, we're not all that different.

I think you've demonstrated that with this post and I just wanted to say, good job! Thanks for calling attention to it. It makes a really good point.

Hey Awdree, thanks for your good wishes.

Lol, I'm sorry if I was misconstrued. I didn't mean to describe women as objects. I have great respect for the female of the species and would never take the fairer sex for granted.

I do feel like I'm turning a corner though and with the best of intentions too. I know there's many guys on this forum and throughout the world who go through the who 'shall I, shan't I' thing when they see someone they like wherever it be. In truth though it is a case of 'he who dares wins'. Obviously you won't win every time, you may get an icy stare (these sort of people aren't worth bothering with if you're only being friendly) but you may also get an engaging conversation or even better a number sometimes.

I may tell a slight lie to get the interaction started but it's only a little white one lol.

This is a great thread. You totally don't have to be in a bar to be able to approach a cute girl. I personally think that we should stop ignoring everyone around us and just be friendly already! I'm always chatting with strangers - men, women, people of all ages... Today this guy who works in a restaurant offered me a glass of champagne after I started chatting with him and told him about my upcoming wedding. He was a nice guy with grandchildren.. It doesn't have to be just about getting phone numbers from cute girls. It's just about being friendly with the people who share this world with you. And if you happen to get a date out of it, great!

i like the approach in a public place. it is kind of the same as a bar. it is the same anywhere really. but i think the whole my female friend's b-day thing is not a good idea. if you are looking for a potential ltr, not a good way to go. she might ask one day what happened to that friend you needed to get a gift for. and you lied to her right off the bat.

Archived