Sex Advice - How to Do a Virgin. Is Being a Virgin really a bad thing? READ THIS.

Lily04

It's not a bad thing to be a virgin - nor is there really a "right way" to go about things. Sex means something different to each person, and we don't have the right to judge the person beside us for their decision.

I actually sat down and talked to my mother about sex before marriage, and my mother's response was that she wasn't worried about me having had sex before marriage, as long as I followed two very simple rules:

- Make sure that I was careful.

- Make sure that it meant something special to me.

And I agree with that entirely. To me, the most important thing was that it wasn't going to be just sex for the sake of it. It was something intimate, and something that meant something to both myself and my partner.

• 1 month later...

I am a 20 year old girl who is a virgin! I am a virgin not because of religion or because I am waiting for Mr Right because I don't believe that your first time is this big deal, however I am still a virgin. Im not waiting to loose it I am ready I am simply just waiting for someone who I feel comfortable with! All of my friends assume I have had sex because I come accross as a very confident, sexual person. My personal problem is that I now feel I can't tell anyone I am a virgin and because I feel it will be obvious, this in itself I think is stopping me from entering into relationships with men!

Has anyone any advice into how to get around this??

And I agree strongly that there shouldn't be any reflection on who you are if you have had sex or not!

yeah I'm 21 and still a virgin because I have never dates anyone before. No religious reasons at all. I am not worried about it really- I can't say I am really "waiting" for sex because the opportunity has never arisen. But when I actually do start dating someone, I definitely won't jump right into sex, it's not that important to me. And as above, I won't say I have to "love" the person either, just trust them and they won't be a total jerk, who I probably wouldn't date in the first place.

For right now, I'm just happy to be successful and confident and I'm sure someone will come along and appreciate that and maybe we will maybe we wont have sex.

I don't think there is a limit to how many times you can fall in love or that it gets weaker.

As a virgin too I disliked being called "pure" or "innocent" because it felt patronising and childlike.

My wish is for people to not make such a huge deal about virginity or lack of virginity. Stop it becoming a status either way. You won't get non-virgins making fun of the virgins, you won't get virgins looking down upon non-virgins. It's too idealistic though.

very much agreed with all that!

• 1 year later...

I am exactly in the same situation as you, just be, and it is true I just don't know how to get around this. I just feel like I'm lying to my friends every time they make a sexual joke or any kind of reference - even more so as they believe me to be a sadist -.-''' And now I just feel like if I won't be able to date anyone that would know my friends because obviously I wouldn't lie to him about being a virgin (even if it does make me nervous). Actually, I also wonder if there's anything wrong with me - like being emotionally challenged or something? - because I never even dated anyone before - let alone have a romantic kiss. It doesn't mean I never was attracted to anyone and actually I do have quite the fantasies (and I also guess that's why people assumed I was really experienced - I do have a great imagination). I just never was attracted to those who were attracted to me or wanted to date me, which is a pity.

So yeah, same question... any advice to get around this?

Archived