13 with too much crap going on

Ok, my parents first got separated and then divorced. Im in my first year of junior high and I got to much crap to deal with: school, friends, drugs, schoolwork/projects, divorce. Now, money is so bad we need to move. Luckily it's in the same town but still, moving sucks. Then, I have even tried smoking. Not cigaretts or weed or anything just, weird stuff. Then, I was going to try some "stuff" That a friend had but he moved. Omg, then theres school. I don't want to be considered a dumb@$$. Theres a girl I like and it first stuff was going good we were talking now, we like never talk and i think she thinks i'm a dumb... I need help, my parents and conseuler at school want me to talk about feelings but I always refuse. Also, one thing that helps me is rap music. My dad lets me have it. I get pissed go through own a cd and calm down. I try saying this to my mom and she is always like no. I mean, eminem really helps. But, just because she has some friends who would be offended by his stuff means i cant get it. I have to secretly get kazza and stuff to listen to it! PLus, his new stuff aint really bad towards gay people. %^&@ it. Any advice?

mman

Hey Mman, you sound like a perfect healthy teenager to me. You seem to be a little rebel, but in general teenagers are that. Your parents going through a divorce doesn't help you. Your actions demonstrates that you feel a little confused over it.

Most children think it's their fault that the parents didn't work out and blame a lot of that on themselves. If you feel that way, then I suggest to stop feel that way and talk to both your mom and dad about that. It is NOT your fault. Your mom and dad can explain you way. All you have to do is to ask them.

Teenagers are trying to find their own way in life, which is okay. During those years they form their own opinion and get independend from their parents. You also develop your own style, for example your favorit music.

The only advice I have for you, is: treat your parents with respect and try to give them both your love. Because your parents stopped loving each other does NOT in ANY way mean that they stopped loving you, because I can tell you that they do!

Good luck with your life... you're doing GREAT so far!

~ SwingFox ~

• 2 weeks later...

Yo dude, you sound like a cool kid. You don't sound depressed, which shows that you are strong!

Hey man, your at that age when everything is confusing, and you don't know what to do, especially with your parents seperation and your money problems. I have not been through what you have, but I'm sure it's very hard.

But realize that, as the previous guy said, it is NONE of your fault that these things are happening. So don't blame yourself for anything that is not working out in your life. And if you think your parents are assholes, try not to. Be good to them, and they will be good to you.

Work hard at school, if your compelled to. If not, look for things that you really enjoy doing. And make friends. Good friends, and learning how to make friends, are the most important people during teenage.

And try not doing drugs, man. You want your brain to be in good condition later on in life.

Hey there! Cheer up! I honestly know how you feel, my life is very similar. When I was around your age, my parents split up. My dad was cheating on my mother and he used my sister as an excuse to leave. After a while, my mom found out that my father had not been paying the house note and there was no way for her to catch up. So we were forced to move. One thing that really made it hard was just a few years before all of this, my little brother was born. So as you can see money was even tighter. But that was then and this is now... Looking back and now reading your post, everything you speak of seems normal. To be honest, you just need to open up and talk. I know that may sound corny, but it always helps. Find a good outlet, something positive, something fun and interesting to you... Try writing or drawing or read, whatever, but it always helps to have some type of outlet. More or less, I consider it a necessity! At your age, and I'm sure you've heard this before, your hormones are causing all kinds of havoc on your little body...and will for sometime...but just bear with it and hang in there, everything will eventually work out! If you EVER need anyone to talk to, anyone here Im sure is willing to listen, if you need, PM me and I'll give you my aim or icq if you need to talk! But talk!!! Never bottle things up!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'm yr same age too! Uh anyways... My life is similar too yr's. But hey I don't like talking about my life/feelings with other people either. Its almost like they are going to judge you or something. But hey look at me I want to committee suicide! I smoke weed, look where it got me...no where! My life sucks I'm sure it doesn't even compare to mine! Mine is so much worst it aint even funny! I listen to Emimen too when I'm wicked pissed off or when I'm about to slit my wrists. My advice to u is that u should just tell yr parents dot be like me and try to committee suicide!

x0x0

~Sarah~

*SaRaH*69*, I know what your saying. I don't talk about my feelings either. I just go around and do stuff I relate later. However, I haven't been able to get pot. Well, I guess that really is a good thing.

How eminem helps I don't know. Hell, it works so who cares. My family is (censored) up, everythings wrong and nuttin' has gotten' better. So I drink occasianlly. Smoke stuff, not tobaco, but stuff'.

Sarah, mman,

I understand your feelings and confusion. I know it can be hard to tell anyone about how you feel. It does seem that noone is listening and everyone is judging you.

I can tell, though, that there are people out there that do listen. A school counselor could do you very well. At some point EVERYONE feel helpless in their lives. Some more than others, but there are friends and even (look at this forum) total strangers out there to help you or give you some advice.

Don't give up!! Life is too precious and too nice to leave now. Good luck!

~ SwingFox ~

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just a little note - the reason why smoking relaxes everyone is because of the deep breaths you take when you take in a puff. Better off taking deep breaths and living, then taking in crap and shortening your life. *i am not an adult, so dont think i am lecturing anyone*

heyz...i know how you feel about eminem...i used to be very angry when i was younger, about your age...my parents were moving overseas then and that turned my life upside down...i couldn't get pot so i abused flu medication and nearly killed myself...i loved listening to eminem and Linkin' park because the music sounds angry and it made me calmer when i got mad...dunny huh? Do you feel the same way too?

Your mom just probably doesn't like the music...try to respect her...she has alot going on for her too...if your parent's divorce bothers you, then think about how it's making her feel...it's probably her way of not wanting to make any mistakes raising you...talk to her and try get her to understand...other wise, just stick with Kazza...

About school, just try your hardest...don't let anything bug you...you've got a great life ahead...it's all up to you....hang in there...

• 4 months later...