Its not who you are, its what you do and what you earn?

'Of course there are. But what does being beautiful have to do with anything?'

Everything

'Do you mean that a woman who looks beautiful has more of a choice of men?'

Yes

'Not if she has low self esteem, for example, or other inner "issues." '

Doesnt matter

'And of course some people do not prioritize financial stability in a relationship - particularly people who do not have or want children.'

That is so unfounded I could cry.

'And of course you have no idea if the relationship is happy or stable.'

You can't tell for either case. Irrelevant.

'Huge generalizations here.'

Its a general conversation

'I totally agree with Scout also about women needing to bring financial stability to the table equally with men. If a woman wants to work in the home with children, optimally she should have sufficient assets so that the dent on the family income is lessened to the greatest extent possible.'

They should in theory but I don't think in practise they ever will nor should they have to. I would never demand it I want a young mother. Not a 42 year old with a balanced portfolio.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't help but wonder - don't men want to avoid women who might have those above characteristics? After all, we are in a mostly two-income financial structure these days.

It is true and it does make you wonder. I really don' think we care and it seldom crosses my mind. I suppose it could be a positive but not a negative ?

It is true and it does make you wonder. I really don' think we care and it seldom crosses my mind. I suppose it could be a positive but not a negative ?

Perhaps the people you know - the men I know do tend to care about financial stability. As far as beauty making the choice of men wider - it depends on personality, intelligence, sparkle, ambition, values - so many more things - again as it pertains to the men I know who tend to value far more than just someone's appearance. She has to be articulate, intelligent, able to hold her on in a variety of social and professional situations, a person with strong values, etc.

And, obviously, women of all ages can have fertility issues. But you are entitled to seek out younger women on your view that it will be easier for them to have and raise children just like I - and many others - are entitled to value financial stability.

Money is only good if it pays for food and healthcare. other than that it is meh.

Yes and that is your opinion - to others, including myself, it is important to have a nest egg for retirement, to have money for things we like to do, like travel, the occasional theater/opera, etc., if you have kids to care for them and pay for education, to take care of elderly parents perhaps, etc.

Sorry to hear that. Obviously there is no need for you to prioritize financial stability in order to find someone who is compatible for a relationship - I am sure there are many women who would be content living paycheck to paycheck - nothing wrong with that. However, the bitterness is a sure obstacle to forming a relationship. I remember a particularly good guy I dated on and off in my late 20s - it was his negativity/cynicsm that continued to drive me away. Sad.

OK, if you believe so, then that is your belief and choice. My father was married at 23 (my mother was 21). They never made a lot of money. Then again they've only been married 51 years so it's hard to tell whether they have a lasting relationship ;-) Good luck!

Of course there are. But what does being beautiful have to do with anything? Do you mean that a woman who looks beautiful has more of a choice of men? Not if she has low self esteem, for example, or other inner "issues." And of course some people do not prioritize financial stability in a relationship - particularly people who do not have or want children. And of course you have no idea if the relationship is happy or stable. Huge generalizations here.

I totally agree with Scout also about women needing to bring financial stability to the table equally with men. If a woman wants to work in the home with children, optimally she should have sufficient assets so that the dent on the family income is lessened to the greatest extent possible.

If you look I was responding to what someone else wrote.

well as for me i have my own place,car,job ive dated carpenters,constrution workers,a cop once and a phone guy so on ( yes i know ive dated alot) lol anyways to me it doesnt matter what he does or earns as long as he is not a bum just looking for a hand down is all good whether u the milk man or the bill gates as long as u have a job to support urself

my job generally is known not to pay well. However, I was paid very well and the majority of ladies thorugh my experiences often asked, 'Whats made you do that?' Would they ask the same if I told them how much I earnt, I think not. I kept trying to meet ladies despite all that and happily found the love of my life who didnt care what I did, as long as I'd end up doing something, one day.

Archived