I don't know what she is thinking...What should I do?

This is a long story so bear with me while I try to explain as best I can:

I working in this school uniform selling clothes during the summer, I have just finished my 11th year at school and was due to start my 12th. I was also moving schools (and have moved schools).

One day a girl walks in with her Mom and her little brothers to get some uniform, shes pretty hot and luckily I get to serve her and her family. A stroke of luck! Shes gonna be in the same school as me come September, except in the year below mine.

First day at school nothing really happens, she sees me and starts whispering in her friends ear, her friend calls me over and asks if I "...Was the guy in the uniform shop". I said yes and we started some small talk.

We carry on with the small talk over the next couple of days, I have made my decision to ask her out at some point. Its just a matter of finding the right time. I get her friends e-mail address so we can chat online because we are getting pretty friendly (in a friend way not a gf/by way).

Anyway I have a conversation with the girl I liked She asked if I liked her friend...I said no. Later that evening I chat with her friend and tell about the conversation we had. I end up saying that I like her friend (the girl I met in the uniform shop), the girls doesn't seem surprised at all and I asks if I would have a relationship with the girl if I could. I obviously say yes, but said that I wasn't sure whether the other girl liked me or not.

The next day, the girl I like started acting a lot differently, initating conversations more and generally seeming to be around me more. I was pretty happy because I thought I might have been in with a chance.

The following day on the Bus I find out that this girl is already dating somebody, they had been going out since Sunday (so this was obviously before I told her friend I liked this girl). I was obviously upset and asked her friend why she hadn't said anything about this boyfriend. She claims she hadn't told the girl I liked about the conversation we had, but I didn't entirely believe this.

Today was my first day back after the weekend and my revelation that I liked this girl to her friend. All the girls have been acting a little strange now, the friend who I talk to a lot doesn't talk to me alot when the girl i like is with her, but when she is on her own we talk a lot.

I also noticed the girl I liked staring at me again and looking away when I look back. I am also overhearing conversations involving this girl and friends with the words "Year 12" "Which One?" and "Shhh", which is irritating. I also noticed that the girl I like and her boyfriend aren't talking much. They didn't even really say goodbye to each other after school today.

In fact after school I turned around to talk to my friend as I was walking out the school building. The girl wasn't anywhere to be seen, yet I turn to my side and she is there suddenly. She sees me looking and starts walking a little way. I talk to her and we have small talk about how good each others days were and go our separate ways...

What is going on here? I can't get my head around any of it. I was going to make a move but I can't know because she has a "boyfriend" no matter how close or far apart they are.

What should I do?

First of all I want to welcome you to this system as i see that this is your first post. From what i have read in your post you find yourself attracted to this girl, what you need to do is figure out whether its just a physical attraction. As i see it your at a new school,so your a new face and who knows maybe she is attracted to you to.Your youngand have plenty of time to get to know her if thats what in the cards(meant to be) what i mean is that is still early to be making a fuss over a girl you barely know, if you like her and she has a thing for you,wait it out let her come to you as right now she is in a relationship(dating) be her friend for now,get to know her before you become to infatuated with her outside appearance and something that cannot be at this time.

lilcherub