I'm not attracted to men at all, but I feel this question would be better answered in this board. I was married for 18 years, and for about 15 of those years my ex and I stayed together for the kids. We're still friends, but we were too different to love one another. She was too, well I guess ou could say "feminine." Was always cleaning, and complained about how she had to do it. Had a horrible case of OCD. Hated working. Cared way too much about society's perception of my kids, her and I when we were a family, and constantly used the excuse "I'm a girl," when she did something that annoyed me and the rest of the family.

Honestly, my ex is a great woman, but after experiencing that marrige, I never wanted to do it again. I tried dating other women and each time it failed horribly. I just recently broke up with my last girlfriend, and I just thought for a while and relaized that I'm no longer interested in women. Is this something that people my age go through? Or am I just tired? I'm not turning gay, but I am losing my attraction to women...

Help?

Kane.

Well geez, you sound like you just need a break from dating, women and such for awhile.

I lost interest and attraction to men for awhile after I met a couple of real A-holes. I thought the numb, disinterested feeling would last forever. I was kind of hoping it would so that I could go through life asexual and just not care about this. I also joked that men had broken me and I was going to turn to women.

But hey, what do you know? After a long enough break of not looking, not caring, and not being attracted.....really not even noticing men, they were invisible to me.......it came back. My attraction and interest to men perked up all by itself. Damn. Damn. Damn.

Archived