How Can I Succeed at a Job Interview?

Dress appropriately, look good, and go prepared. By that I mean, take a nicely typed copy of your resume with you (not one that looks like the dogs breakfast).

Think about it for a bit. Is it a big organisation, and where would you like to go with this position.

There's a few things a new employer would like to hear:

You are a loyal employee, and would much rather grow inside the company, not use it as a steppingstone to bigger things. SO

don't tell them you only want the job till something else comes along.

You are willing and able to work, even if they sometimes require a little more hours from you, like for example during stock taking sessions etc.

You are a team player and get along well with co workers

You are patient with older people, and younger kids, and you have respect for your superiors.

BUT, don't sit and lie about things that you are not.

Also, if you are willing to continue with your education, tell the employer you are interested to upgrade your skills, to be of better service to the comany by attending courses, or extramural studdies. This will also help you land a better job in the future (don't say that last bit...)

GOOD LUCK

i am so on the same page as you ...its sooo incredibly hard to get a job right now...ugh...and ive been to soooo many interviews ..no matter how many i go to im still nervous and afraid im goin to forget something but sonjam def gave some excellent advise ..must be some sort of supervisor or have alot of work experience at least...thanks sonjam..and good luck with ur interview drahcir!!!!!

This may sound corny, but do a little research about the kind of people that they normally hire at the big Q!!

It is very tiring to work in that kind of a job so you need very good communication skills and team building skills.

Smile, shake hands, Make sure that you are clean looking, get rid of loose hairs.

Good Luck!!

I can tell you things not to do. These are things I done on interviews.

1. Never discuss how hot women are in the interviewers home country.

2. When asked "where you see yourself a year from now", never reply "I see me having your job".

3. When asked "tell me about yourself", don't reply.."tell you what, why don't you ask me questions and I'll answer them.

4. Don't take the tour of the place like you own the place.

5. Even if you can't understand them, don't repeatedly say "what? I don't understand your accent".

Thats all I can think of now.

DBL

Be confident and polite. Courtesy can go a long way, and employers want employees who will treat their customers with courtesy. Confidence is something that not only looks attractive to employers, it can make up for other small disadvantages in the interview. Good luck, I love Quiznos... missing it a lot right now haha.

no clue what quinzos is, but will give it my best shot.

1. clean outfit, no tears, spots, or anything worn out. neat looking. make sure your shoes are polished!!

2. groomed: hair in place, not too much gel. clean finger nails, have a breath mint- check your teeth before you go in as well. spinach in teeth does not a good impression make!

3. copy of resume, references (current names and contact details), academic record

4. pen and paper- come prepared to take notes.

5. a few trial question and answers written down

why do you want to work here?

life goals?

are you flexible time wise?

strengths and weaknesses?

hobbies?