Feeling like life is out of control!

Haven't posted in awhile. One of my last posts was my adventure in finding a job. I guess be careful what you wish for is true. I landed a job a little over a month ago and it's killing me. The hours are horrible, I feel like I'm never home. The pay sucks and the job sucks. I have to commute to work and I would rather get root canal! Every morning, no matter how early I leave or how much I know in my head that I am going to get to work on time, I still stress the entire drive. The economy is really awful right now and I should be grateful to have a full time job. I guess my frustration lies in the fact that I have been spoiled for so long in positions where I didn't have to follow anyone else's rules. Now I no longer have that luxury. I 'm working 6 days a week and when I get home, I'm to exhausted to do anything. Any suggestions about how to change my outlook would be very welcome.

Another problem that I could really use some input on is that the operations agent does not like me do the fact that another supervisor went over his head to get me this job. So I have to watch my back with this idiot. Thanks for letting me vent and thank you for any advice.

Eve

Eve, I totally relate to how you're feeling. I think the best thing you can do is tell yourself: "This is not an ideal time in my life, but I'm going to grit my teeth and stick it out, because in the long run, this is best for me. I need to get some debts paid, and the time is going to go by anyway, either stuck in traffic or sitting at home leafing through the want ads. This is a temporary thing to get me over the financial stuff, because I am going to continue to put my resume out and land a better job. I know I can't work at this place indefinitely because I dislike it so intensely, and I WILL find a better job. In the meantime, this won't kill me and will teach me how to have a positive attitude in a sucky situation."

Keep looking for another job, because this one indeed sounds lame. But in the meantime, pat yourself on the back for finding it and sticking it out until you get one much better suited for you.