Why is he such a JERK?

why is he such a jerk?. There is a guy at my work (we'll call him matt) whom I get along with okay sometimes. Other times I can't stand the sight of him he really knows how to push my buttons. Being around him makes me feel vulnarable and out of control. I can't stand it.

Now the other night at work we were getting along fine until he pushed things to far. He was saying that I should date this other guy at work. I told him I didn't want to hear it and told him to cut it out but he didn't he pushed me to far and he nearly had me in tears. There is nothing wrong with this other guy I just don't feel attracted to him and I feel uncomfortable around him at the moment and I think he has noticed because we didn't joke or mess around like we usually do. Matt said he was sorry but I just kept telling him to get out of my face. I may have over reacted.

Do you think he goes out of his way to make me feel the way I do? and if so Why?.

And why is it that I feel so vulnurable and out of control when he's around?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

*cassandra*

The likely reason that he does this is probably because you're giving him the reaction he wants. He probably gets a feeling of power out of making you cry. As hard as it may be, don't let him get to you. If you do, then you're only giving him what he wants. Just toughen up. He'll still bother you for a while until he realizes that he won't be able to get a rise out of you like he did before and he'll eventually give up.