Vitamins & Health

I take vitamins, although I admit I'm not always consistant about it. I've done my fair share of research about vitamins and how they can improve memory, energy and help the our body recover from daily stress. Stress can create far more health issues than we often realize. It depends on many things i.e., our eating habits, family history/genetics, whether we're male or female, our general health, if we excercise, our age, etc. Women require more iron & calcium than men. I increased my energy level in a big way when I increased my cardio along with protein shakes and eliminated most sugars.

Thanks for sharing,

Woobiegirl

Once again, I agree with Woobiegirl!

I just had to jump in and add to this. Try adding broccoli to your diet. Brocolli provdes a good source of calcium, without adding fat to your diet (like milk, however, you can drink low-fat milk). I love brocolli!

And another thing, taking vitimins is good for you. It works as a supplement to your daily food intake. So, some people who rely on vitimins as daily nutrients, actually end up losing those nutrients, because it's not absorbed into the foods that they should be eating. So, keep a balanced diet, eat healthy, and add vitimins, as a supplement that adds to your daily intake.

Also, your cells consistantly divide, leaving "free-radicals" in your system, I.E. dead cells, so it's important to keep anti-oxidents in your diet. Anti-oxidents include bright fruits and vegatables, or dark, dark-green veggies. This is what I learned, after taking a foods/nutrition-class. So, anti-oxidents will help to replenish your body, by cleaning up the toxic wastes that accumulate in your body.

Hope this Helps!

Mahlina

P.S.- I use One-a-Day. Centrum's good too, but I think that One-a-Day works better, because it provides sufficient nutrition for women's bodily needs, such as a higher dosage for Calcium, to prevent premature osteoperosis.

• 3 years later...

Hi I was searching for protein shakes and came accross this old thread. I used to struggle to have energy everyday but for the last 4 years have been taking immublast one day tablets and after the first few weeks I really noticed a difference and have never suffered the lack of energy I was once troubled by again. So if you struggle with having enough energy each day but sleeping/eating habit is normal try these vitamins

Multivitamins are very overrated, they weren't always around and you can get the proper nutrition from eating the right foods. My grandfather is 86 years old and never took a vitamin in his life. It's a lot of genetics and diet. He eats a lot of fish and salads and still works every day. Me on the other hand, my diet is not so good.